Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I have lice...

Junebug Johnson
@junebug-johnson
14 years ago
22 posts
I used the method where you pour the Alcohol for 15 min and then vinegar for 10... I hope it works...Anyway, I am terrified. It's been a week and its been itchiiiin. I asked my mom to look for lice, and she didnt find any. I scratched my head last night and one came out under my fingernail. :(My mom is going to get some neem oil today...so how do I go about using it?She doesn't understand my connection to my hair and says I might have to cut them off even if all the lice die! she says something about the exoskeleton needing to be brushed out. I dont care if theyre there as long as theyre not feeding off my scalp. :/
updated by @junebug-johnson: 01/13/15 08:49:42PM
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
aren't your dreads new? i would just take them out, deal with the lice problem ad start over.

if they are old, i don't see why you would't be able to just take a lice comb and comb them out of the loose inch or so of root grow out.
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
soak your head in cheap vodka.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
neem mix a lil with your shampoo or baking sodathe alcohol try to go for closer to 30 min altho 15 is hard enough to handlethe neem oil hardens and thickens so b4 u use it fill a sink with hot water and stick the bottle in there so it heats up and luiguifiesthe alcohol do at least every 3 days for atleast 9 dayswash all sheets anhd clothesand the bugs will fall out u wont need to worry bout em in the dreads they only stay within 1/4 inch of the scalp in undreaded hair anywayin betweeh treatments ap;plying teatree directly to the scalp can prevent biting a couple hours and keep u saneif u cover the scal-p in teatree they wont bite till it wears ogff mostlyoh in between washes u can do that with neem tooneems got a string earthy smell some ppl say stinls its not a pleasant flowery smell but i wouldnt say it stinkes really just not pleasant

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no need but u will find hubdreds of dead bugs on your pillowthey just fall out

JESSICA EVA said:
aren't your dreads new? i would just take them out, deal with the lice problem ad start over.

if they are old, i don't see why you would't be able to just take a lice comb and comb them out of the loose inch or so of root grow out.

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
delacet if nothing else works. its pesticide free, all natural and not tested on animals. I would get a couple of bottles. It's a little bit expensive i think but worth it to not have to cut your hair. :o)
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
this kind of freaks me out. can i ask how you got the lice? i see a lot of talk on the forums about lice and wonder if it's a big problem. i'd like to find out a way to prevent it too.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
teatree prevents it pretty well but ill be working on a better formula soonlice u can get from kids from bus seats from anywhere but its not all that commonin 20 years i had em onceand got rid of em no problem

--
Junebug Johnson
@junebug-johnson
14 years ago
22 posts
Thanks, SE. Will do!

soaringeagle said:
neem mix a lil with your shampoo or baking soda
the alcohol try to go for closer to 30 min altho 15 is hard enough to handle

the neem oil hardens and thickens so b4 u use it fill a sink with hot water and stick the bottle in there so it heats up and luiguifies

the alcohol do at least every 3 days for atleast 9 days
wash all sheets anhd clothes

and the bugs will fall out u wont need to worry bout em in the dreads they only stay within 1/4 inch of the scalp in undreaded hair anyway

in betweeh treatments ap;plying teatree directly to the scalp can prevent biting a couple hours and keep u sane

if u cover the scal-p in teatree they wont bite till it wears ogff mostly
oh in between washes u can do that with neem too
neems got a string earthy smell some ppl say stinls its not a pleasant flowery smell but i wouldnt say it stinkes really just not pleasant
Amy McDonald
@amy-mcdonald
14 years ago
11 posts
Oh ugh. Scratch, scratch. I know you've been told, but use lice spray on bike helmets, hats, car head rests, sofa... everything your head has touched since you came in contact with the lice. Obviously make ample use of hot water wash and high heat dryer setting for your sheets and clothes.I had a bitch of a time getting rid of them... but I have kids, and they were hindering my OCD lice removal... you'll be fine. Persevere! Save your hair!A
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form