Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

lice prevention

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
im working on a formula to prevent licei believe it should be over 90%$ effectiveit will be a preventative formula not a post lice way to rid yourself f themthere are ways to get rid of lice in dreads alreadyteatree alone is somewhat effective but no guarantee at alldoin research i found a formula thats 80% effective but i believe i can do better since there are 2 herbs that are very affective on theyre own but arent in the formulatheres 1 issue..how to test the effectiveness hahawhere do u get lice to test it and how to test it safely without getting lice..or risking it anywayso im thinking i can make it availible in an untested way at a discountofcourse it could only be concidered tested after 100 of u were closely exposed to lice and report back how effective it wasits experimental at this time ansd unsure how much it will cost to make it or how much should be used either (i believe a few driops added to the bs or to your shampoo or sprayed on should be enough)1 planned ingredient does kill em but im not sure of the formula will do enough after infestation so as of now its meant to be a preventative only and if anyone does get infected i will provide a sample free to see if it helpspost if yoiur interested and ill be working on it soonid highly recomend at least trying it when goibg to fesrts and jam band tours where bugs are typicaly an issuealso with kids and schools(i will make a child mild version that is safer for kids although lil less efective)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 07:16:24AM
Frank
@frank
14 years ago
6 posts
.A little bit of Tea Tree oil is a good preventive.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea it sure is but its not 1005 or even 80% effective so im thinking a combio of ingredients teatree eucolyptus citronela neem rosemary umm there was 1 more i cant think of at the mommenti thinmk it woll prevent ticks toowhy cant i remember the final ingredient i hate when my mind goers blankoh lemongrass possibly lemonbalmi believe that pennyroyal as well would help but thats dangerouse to pregnant women so id leave it out (it causes an abortion)everything except the neem smells pretty nice to so ill have to maybe adjust it for smell toothe neem will be left out of the childrens version and the eucolyptos weakenedneems the only ingredient that can kill em tooand probly wont use much in it since its stinky and thick and hardens

--
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
when my children were little they got lice once. because i could not see my whole head and a few loose roots look way too much like nits, i combed out my first set. Damn those bugs. I waited many years til they were older to dread again. But i catch myself sitting on the edge of the chair in doctors offices and glancing at the heads of small children before i pick them up. I don't hug as easily at festies. I can't help it. It is my ONE big fear. I just really really don't ever wanna loose my dreads again. I use a few drops of tea tree every time i wash my hair to keep the critters away, but i don't really know how effective it is. I would love for you to make a preventative!!!! it would make my life a whole lot nicer :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok coll ill get on it i will have to look up a few things and gather materialsi had lice last winter it was from hellbut alcohol killed em all thank godi was soo close to shaving my head when i found a way to kill em

--
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
14 years ago
411 posts
I would definately love a preventative, I have a son in kindergarten and a son in daycare so I'm always for fear it will be brought home and my hair was a pain before dreading to try to rid them let alone now that i'm dreading!
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
i am looking at the ingredients of Advantage (my dog's flee treatment). It is a once a month flea and lice treatment. main ingredient is imidacloprid. Any chemist on here know where or what that comes from? and isn't calundula (pot marigold) an insecticide? don't know how safe it is or how much is needed. but maybe something to check on.
Fay Brotherhood
@fay-brotherhood
14 years ago
59 posts
In Germany apparently its been banned as a crop pesticide due to links with declining bee populations, although studies have remained inconclusive. It acts on the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors by preventing the degradation of acetylcholinesterase, which is an enzyme that breaks down acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter.Bacically, the neurotransmitter makes your nerves fire and things happen by way of jumping accross the synaptic gaps and continuing the action potential along the nerve. However, that action potential is stopped by an enzyme (acetylcholinesterase ) breaking down that neurotransmitter.If a chemical gets on to these receptors and stops the enzyme working, then its bad times really! It means the nerves cannot stop firing, so you get uncontrollable twitches, convulsions... you may have seisures and death will follow from paralysis of the respiratory system most likely. And thats if you're a lil bug.Apparently bugs have more of that kind of receptor than do ourselves, hence why it works so well.its supposed to be pretty safe for human and animal use, but I personally would not wanna put something that does that on my head! Since I learnt about the nervous system and neurotoxins in a module of my degree, I have looked on even fly spray with great wariness......its
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
Imidaclopid or calundula? Chemicals scare me anyway. but the alternative of not using advantage on my dog is horrible. It is interesting that Germany would ban it and the United States hasn't.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the usa alows 1/2 cockroach in every hamburger and i forget how much rat fesces is alowed in your nmeat but at the same time they try to make alot of herbs ilegalwhy..profitsits not cost effective to keep rat shit and cockroaches out of your meatherbs dont have the same massive markup and proffits as chemical meds with all thye sifde effecrs plus when u have sde effects u can sell another pill to get rid of the side effectsisnt calundula great for skin conditions?

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form