Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural Dreadlocks

Rey Matsuzaki
@rey-matsuzaki
14 years ago
23 posts
Okay so i am one week and four days intonatural dreading but my problem is thatmy hair is smooth as silk so I rubbed it witha wool scarf. I think that I am washing it wrong.I don't have any dread shampoo so I use bodysoap. I push the Suds into my hair and pressthem out. I don't wear any hats at all.
updated by @rey-matsuzaki: 02/14/15 09:11:08AM
Rey Matsuzaki
@rey-matsuzaki
14 years ago
23 posts
PlZ help me with what I am doing wrong!!!!!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
use the baking soda soak dont touch the hair at all wear a wool hat use sea salt sprays..and...dont expect results in a week

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
you're washing with body soap and it's probably conditioning. Wash with the baking soda recipe and i bet you'll see some progress
Rey Matsuzaki
@rey-matsuzaki
14 years ago
23 posts
This might seem weird but is the baking soda recipegonna clog my sink???

NaturalWomyn said:
you're washing with body soap and it's probably conditioning. Wash with the baking soda recipe and i bet you'll see some progress
Rey Matsuzaki
@rey-matsuzaki
14 years ago
23 posts
This might seem weird but is the baking soda recipegonna clog my sink???

NaturalWomyn said:
Tilo
@tilo
14 years ago
10 posts
Im at the 1 week 4 day mark as well friend. However i bought a wool tam (which is awesome) and i can see differences already. It seems to make the hair frizzy which i would assume leads to more knotting. =)
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
no the baking soda completely dissolves in water, actually you can use BS and vinegar to un clog sinks.

Rey Matsuzaki said:
This might seem weird but is the baking soda recipe
gonna clog my sink???

NaturalWomyn said:
Rey Matsuzaki
@rey-matsuzaki
14 years ago
23 posts

Can it not be a wool hat? I have a 100% acryl hat (please forgive spelling)
Chewin Change said:
yes.. baking soda/acv.. body soap? dude if you must, use somethings like burt's bees baby shampoo or something.. but i strongly strongly recommend baking soda/acv instead. other non-residue shampoos will work but your progress will be GREATLY accelerated by baking soda/acv.

alot of this stuff has been said but i really wanna reinforce this cause its important.

your hair shouldn't be silky, it should be as dry as possible (obviously not so dry where it becomes damaged). baking soda/acv will allow this.

leave your hair alone. as in touch it minimally.

wool and sea salt sprays accelerate the process tremendously. the process is a long one, so take pictures checking the progress every week/month instead of every day.

natural dreading accelerates as your hair grows. the first few months take the longest cause everything is coming undone in your washes most likely. as those few initial knots form, it becomes much harder for them to get undone. and knots attract knots. it's exponential.

you need to be wearing wool. it helps attract hair to each other and it compresses your hair in whatever state it is when you put your hat on. that helps knotting of course :)

as for the baking soda.. naturalwomyn hit it on the head. hell, it's used to clean OVENS. if it can clean an oven it can clean your hair. and the acv further cleans it while stabilizing the PH balance of your hair/scalp.

please take a look at some discussions here and keep us updated.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
wool is best for helping knots to form :o)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form