Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

itchy and dandruff even though bs and acv used

karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Hey :)I searched the forum but couldnt find an answer to this...I never had dandruff in my life and now I do, i also have an itchy scalp. I wash my hair every few days...like every 3-4 approx. I use 'some' bakind soda to 'some' water...basically i throw a load of bs into a container and run water in contintually pouring it over my head and adding more water till all the bs is gone.Then I add acv to the container and water it down until it doesnt smell so strong and i use that.Maybe im using too much or not enough of one of these? its really weird to have dandruff for the first time ever...not loving it!Karen
updated by @karen: 02/14/15 06:38:11AM
owen thompson
@owen-thompson
14 years ago
19 posts
hmn not really a bs/acv expert but i did notice when i first started using it that it left some kinda small filmy layer on my scalp that started to flake up, havnt been using it that long but i dont seem to have that problem anymore, make sure you wash it out really really good n maybe not use so much bs....as far as the itch goes might be that your scalp is getting used to this mixture so give it some time.....how long have u been using bs/acv?
owen thompson
@owen-thompson
14 years ago
19 posts
O and when you use the ACV rinse with as cold water as u can stand, from what i have seen here that helps too
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
sounds like your baking soda is way too concentrated. Try playing with the amounts and adding tea tree, rosemary or thyme to the mix if you don't already
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yeayea use the right mix leave it on the right length of time with teatree rosemary and cold cold rinse

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Emmy G
@emmy-g
14 years ago
16 posts
It also sounds like you are trying to rinse out all the baking soda. The benefit of using ACV is that the vinegar reacts to the baking soda and creates a foam. I say follow the directions above..Mix up your baking soda 1 tbsp per cup of water, that ratio for as much as you need to soak your hair thoroughly. Add a few drops of essential oils per cup of water, if you like. Many help with dandruff & smell nice too.Dont rinse with water! let it soak a few minutes, then immediatley pour on the ACV rinse.I mix 1/3 cup ACV & 2/3 cup water for the vinegar rinse.let that soak a bit, & tingle. then rinse thouroughly with cold water, cold as you can handle. it's good for your skin & your scalp.& I've had dandruff problems pre-dread & this is how i've washed my hair for a few years now & it helps a lot.
Emmy G
@emmy-g
14 years ago
16 posts
well, way I figure it is this: everyone that's ever done an elementary science project is familiar with the volcano project, which is nothing more than a fake volcano with baking soda inside & then you add vinegar. the volcano "erupts" because when bs & vinegar get together, the chemicals create a foamy action.that foaming acts like scrubbing bubbles working together to make your hair cleaner. it's basic chem. right?
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
yea you are supposed to wash out the BS before using the ACV. The acv returns your scalp to neutral PH and in case there is a tad leftover BS up there it will remove it.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Not exactly. When you let that chemical reaction take place, what you get is carbonic acid. Doesn't do anything to help with the cleansing or balancing of the scalp. As a matter of fact, your dandruff problems may actually stem from an imbalanced ph... plus remember that the baking soda is a salt, and will become corrosive when used in high enough quantities. You don't do yourself any favors by rinsing the baking soda with the acv unless you go back and do a second acv rinse to balance out the ph of your hair and scalp. Emmy G said:
well, way I figure it is this: everyone that's ever done an elementary science project is familiar with the volcano project, which is nothing more than a fake volcano with baking soda inside & then you add vinegar. the volcano "erupts" because when bs & vinegar get together, the chemicals create a foamy action.

that foaming acts like scrubbing bubbles working together to make your hair cleaner. it's basic chem. right?
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Been using it for about 3-4 months but im sure my quantities have increased :) owen thompson said:
hmn not really a bs/acv expert but i did notice when i first started using it that it left some kinda small filmy layer on my scalp that started to flake up, havnt been using it that long but i dont seem to have that problem anymore, make sure you wash it out really really good n maybe not use so much bs....as far as the itch goes might be that your scalp is getting used to this mixture so give it some time.....how long have u been using bs/acv?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form