Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

itchy and dandruff even though bs and acv used

karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Ya...a Load is a LOAD LOL i think i just throw in too much...much more than 2 spoonfulls!...ill sort that out first :) Knottysleeves said:
Yeah, very possible that you're using too much. Exactly how much is "a load" of baking soda? ;-)

I only use about 1 to 2 spoonfuls of baking soda for 2 cups of water. I have a half-litre bottle that I use for my baking soda washes... I add a spoon or 2 of baking soda, a dash of sea salt, fill with water and shake until the baking soda is dissolved. Then I pour that over my head and let it soak for a minute or two.

Same thing for the ACV... I only add a splash to the bottle and fill the rest with water, then dump it over my head.

updated by @karen: 07/09/15 09:54:03PM
Peaceful Dread
@peaceful-dread
14 years ago
24 posts
Or go the easy way and buy a bar of Lush's "Karma Komba" http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/hair/solid-shampoos/karma-komba which is a dread favorite around here. Might seem expensive, but one bar last me four to five months. I know it says that it is detangling messy hair, but that is crap talk when it comes to dreads... it sure didn't detangle my hair and all the dandruff was gone after one single wash. It might not be politically correct to use stuff like that around here.. but it works for me. =)
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
Thanks but im super duper broke so baking soda is what i can afford :)

Peaceful Dread said:
Or go the easy way and buy a bar of Lush's "Karma Komba" http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/hair/solid-shampoos/karma-komba which is a dread favorite around here. Might seem expensive, but one bar last me four to five months. I know it says that it is detangling messy hair, but that is crap talk when it comes to dreads... it sure didn't detangle my hair and all the dandruff was gone after one single wash. It might not be politically correct to use stuff like that around here.. but it works for me. =)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form