Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose Hairs?

Mark Snowden
@mark-snowden
14 years ago
8 posts
Hey guys! I'm in about my 4th month of dreading. I had tiny rubberbands around my roots until about a week ago. Since i took them off, it freed some of my loose hair; that is now more obvious than before. I guess i always assumed that they would just start to tie in? Or do i need to work them in? Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated!Photo: Here is a photo of when i first took of the rubberbands..i need to update.Thanks all!
updated by @mark-snowden: 01/13/15 08:46:02PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
yep they will eventually work themselves into the dreads or make new ones. The reason you probably have more now is because you kept the rubber bands in. They really just restrict movement and keep the hair from locking. Don't mess with em and they'll sort themselves out eventually. It's only been 4 months so you may have to wait a while, Just be patient :o)
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
yes the roots will dread themselves, all root rubbing will do is create weak spots that can eventually break. the roots form themselves over time. mine roots would actually lock up tighter and closer to my scalp than i wanted em to lol. just leave em alone and learn to love the loose hair.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u really had rubber bands in for 4 months? thats crazy u better go thru and make damn sire u got em all out u should never leave em in longer then a day or 2and um your crazy if u think thats alotta loose hair needing to be fixedits nothing dont worry bout it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
orbit2332
@orbit2332
14 years ago
65 posts
i agree with SE thats really not much loose hair. dont worry about it nothing needs to be fixed. good u got those rubber bands out, ive seen a lot of ppl who had the rubber bands melt into and become one with the dread, without hope of getting em out. rubber bands are very bad for dreads
Mark Snowden
@mark-snowden
14 years ago
8 posts
Haha, well not straight for 4 Months, they would snap, and i would replace them all the time, i think it worked well, the hair tends to strengthen where the pressure is applied, same with my beads, like wherever i put a bead it got super strong! But yeah i was just making sure i was in the clear, Thanks!
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Looks fine to me dude!
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
u need the loose hairs around roots... did u expect dreads growing out of your scalp?? ;)dont worry about it, let it be and it will do exactly what it should-create a nice dread after in naturaly connects...
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
normal amount of loose hair for 4months i would say, I have a crazy amount of loose hair...its only normal. i would say you may have made it worse by having bands at the roots...they probably ripped hairs to be honest.Itll be fine though...just dont look at it :)
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
if u really cant deal with it gather up ure loose hair and twist and rip it?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form