Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Brittany (Kenji) Babin
@brittany-kenji-babin
14 years ago
11 posts
i just moved into college and all i have is soap with shea butter. my locks are almost 2 months old so will it ruin them if i use it? should i get baking soda? but i dont have any oils... >.< ugh i have so much issuse with washing them its ridiculous P:
updated by @brittany-kenji-babin: 01/13/15 08:44:52PM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Washing your dreads doesn't have to be a big deal...get the BS and ACV and you're good. Unless your scalp goes freaky (which I find the BS prevents) oils aren't a must. I keep a small bucket in my shower...when I get in I put a small cup (in reality about 1/2 a measured cup) in the bucket and as I get wet the bucket fills with water. When full, I mix it with my hand and pour it over my head. Then, after I wash my body I rinse everything well! To be honest, I seldom use th ACV because I am at 2 mos. too and I find it takes out my knots at this point. Baking soda is like $2 for a big box...couldn't be any cheaper or easier.
Brittany (Kenji) Babin
@brittany-kenji-babin
14 years ago
11 posts
i did it before without any oils and i didnt like it cuz it made my hair smell weird P:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
shae would be too conditioningu can do bs without oilds till u get em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
And once your hair is dry it shouldn't smell "weird" with BS...just plain hair smell.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
I don't understand the weird smell either?? Baking Soda is a natural deodorizer that's why people put it in their fridge. Maybe you're not used to the smell of natural hair w/o any added fragrance?
Alden
@alden
14 years ago
303 posts
I think she probably means the rotten egg smell from the ACV. That's kinda hard to get around, but if you're diluting it then it should only smell lightly for a day or so, I can always smell it in my dreads after I shower, but no one else seems to be able to. I mean, unless they were to literally stick their noses in my hair! lol
Arturis Static
@arturis-static
14 years ago
51 posts
I wanted to ask about your experience. You say you seldom use the ACV wash because your dreadlocks are 2 months old. So is the ACV really not recommended for more mature locks because they might take the knots out?Oh and a general question, How would you wash with just plain baking soda? Would it have to be mixed with water, how much quantity should it be diluted ?Thank You Panterra Caraway said:
Washing your dreads doesn't have to be a big deal...get the BS and ACV and you're good. Unless your scalp goes freaky (which I find the BS prevents) oils aren't a must. I keep a small bucket in my shower...when I get in I put a small cup (in reality about 1/2 a measured cup) in the bucket and as I get wet the bucket fills with water. When full, I mix it with my hand and pour it over my head. Then, after I wash my body I rinse everything well! To be honest, I seldom use th ACV because I am at 2 mos. too and I find it takes out my knots at this point. Baking soda is like $2 for a big box...couldn't be any cheaper or easier.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wash with baking soda by mixing 1 tablespoon per cup of water pour on let soak 10 minthe acv wont harm dreads but will make baby dreads super softso ppl worry it will unravel

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brittany (Kenji) Babin
@brittany-kenji-babin
14 years ago
11 posts
did the wash and i used less bs then i did before and it did clean my dreads good and the smell must be the hair smell i just dont like it so i must go out and buy some oils. any oils i should use to help lock up my dreads?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form