Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey Everyone, I look forward to learning from you all...

Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
I am a 25 year old raw vegan from NJ. I own a raw vegan restaurant in Frenchtown NJ and am a Live Food Nutritional guide/consultant.I a currently working on two new books and I am setting up to franchise my restaurant so that people all over the country can have easy access to delicious organic raw vegan cuisine.I started my locks in the beginning of August '09 and unfortunately I went against my intuition and started them by backcombing. For me, appearance is important because I am working with mainstream society to develop raw vegan programs in all types of situations. I work with schools, treatment centers, doctors offices, etc. and my specialty is being able to infiltrate that part of society and slowly bring them all back to nature.I backcombed because I thought that the natural method would take to long and look too messy for me to be able to go to meetings with people who couldn't stop looking at my head. I was wise enough to know that wax was a bad idea so I spared my hair of that catastrophe.I read a post by soaring eagle on another forum and he made a lot of sense. As soon as I read his post I took out all the rubber bands and threw on a Tam so that my hair still has a chance to thrive.I am looking for guidance from veteran dreads who can help me to maintain my hair in as natural and earth friendly a way as I take care of my body.My passion is radiant health through a 100% plant based raw food diet. I do not agree with superfoods and supplements (even "raw" ones). To me, raw supplements are just like "natural" dread wax and bands. Sure they may be great in the short run but they are not sustainable and they are not on mother natures menu.I would be happy to help anyone here with their diets and health while I am here to work on my hair.
updated by @didjeridurian: 02/14/15 06:41:44AM
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
What a beautiful introduction! Warm welcome to the group! This is the friendliest place to be!
Kookii
@kookii
15 years ago
15 posts
^^ 2rue!!!!!!! welcome and i jus mae come 2 ur guidence and wisdome for mai fu7ure in7ake of food for im gonna have ano7her babee soon and would s7ill love 2 main7ain mai girlish figure
Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
wow... thats amazing i dont see how people can not eat meat... like thts a mind blowing concept to me. i wouldnt have anything i could eat if meat was out of my diet id wither away!!!but welcome anyways my vegan friend!!
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
I'm a bit like you Kellye. I am a meat eater but the whole vegetarian and/or vegan thing really does interest me. Maybe one day I can find the inner strength to put meat aside and try a completley new lifestlye. I definately know I would lose all this weight and become really healthy. Plus I do love vegetables and i am getting better at the fruit thing. Kellye said:
wow... thats amazing i dont see how people can not eat meat... like thts a mind blowing concept to me. i wouldnt have anything i could eat if meat was out of my diet id wither away!!!

but welcome anyways my vegan friend!!
Kellye
@kellye
15 years ago
91 posts
i woouldnt be able to ever kick meat that is a main part of my diet. i went to a friends house the other night and all we had was meat. it was amazing and then she made these shrimp wrapped in bacon with jalopenos. OMG orgasm to the mouth!!!
Lost
@lost
15 years ago
22 posts
hey welcome to the site, im new to dreads as well (neer a month now i think) an have done some mild twist an rip using beads to keep them in there parts. im intrested in talking to you about your recipies, im allot like the above an would like to drop everything with blood in it but need some nutrician* right now an kinda restrictid. well i have more questions for ya but ill save em
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
dont forget to join the group recipe share! Have any great vegetarian/vegan recipes or looking to try something different? Then lets get this group going!
shaun saunders
@shaun-saunders
15 years ago
64 posts
aye aint nothing better then a steak, rack of lamb, chicken brests if they werent measnt to be eaten shouldnt be such an abundance of them Kellye said:
wow... thats amazing i dont see how people can not eat meat... like thts a mind blowing concept to me. i wouldnt have anything i could eat if meat was out of my diet id wither away!!!

but welcome anyways my vegan friend!!
Kath
@kath
15 years ago
73 posts
without sounding rude here - i dont think this is the area to talk about how great animal carcass tastes. I admitted that i was a meat eater but didnt try to shove it into everyone's face. I think we should all show some courtesy and respect here and leave the meat talk for a more appropriate group. If anyone would like, I can make up a group for those of us who have a less restricted diet. Let me know!Hope I didnt offend anyone!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form