Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey Everyone, I look forward to learning from you all...

Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Hmm... I agree with Kath that this is probably way off topic for the forum but I do believe that there is a strong relevance in principle here.I was looking at a discussion about making your dreads look a certain way and there was a great deal of talk about conformity and non-conformity, and trusting nature and so forth. Also many/most dreads seem to embody an essence of individuality and independence, a questioning of authority etc.Where am I going with this, right?Well it strikes me as odd that there are so many of us fail to investigate the most basic elements of our lives and how it impacts our world and the beings that inhabit it.We must take the responsibility to learn what is right without buying onto the lies of a profit driven immoral society that would tell us that we NEED to capture, imprison, torture, rape, murder, and sell other living creatures. I am not trying to spew propoganda at you. I do not get my infomation from secondary sources or animal advocacy groups. I believe that information should be sought from direct sources so I dare not seek it from groups like PETA and so forth. I went to veterinarians who work at these factory farms, and found out the terrifying truth of how we treat the animals that we put on our plate. Is it right to rape a cow so that she can be pregnant and therefore produce milk, take her child and if it is female enslave it for future milk, and if it is a male put it in a pitch dark room in a cage just big enough for it to stand and tie its neck so that it can not even turn around. Then after intentionally feeding it a nutrient deficient diet for a couple years it is slaughtered thoughtlessly. The mothers then are overmilked and die at less than 1 third of their natural lifespan and are put in hamburger. Should chickens be put in dark buildings having their beaks chopped off and all male chicks who are born that can not lay eggs are thrown into dumpsters by the 10s of thousands alive to be suffocated by each other. Is this a process anyone would want to support?I suppose we do this because we are conditioned to. Because we are told we NEED meat. Do your research about REAL nutrition. Uncover the protein myths and so forth. Rsearch THEIR research. 95% of the nutritional research that advocates meat and dairy consumption comes out of the Harvard nutritional institute. Who funds that institue? THE MEAT AND DAIRY BOARD OF AMERICA. Think I am lying? Look it up for yourselves. I spent years doing research from objective sources and living the life myself. I am an athlete and I belong to a large group of raw vegan athletes who are performing at very high levels. You would be sick if you knew how twisted the mainstream dietary system was. The American Dieticians Asscociation is funded by WENDYS and COCA COLA.Nature gives us everyhting we could ever need to not just survive, but to THRIVE. She gives it to us freely with love. Everything we eat should be attained easily and through love of every aspect. How easily can you chase down an animal and destroy it with the tools our mother has provided you? How easily can you reach up to a mango tree and chomp into a sweet delicous mango? No think about how easy a lion can pounce on its prey and within seconds have it killed and ready for consumption. Watch how carnivrerous animlas just excitedly rip into the belly of their prey and gratefully consume them with reverence. If you were naturally meant to eat meat you would want to eat it in the form that nature offered it to you. You would love to rip into its belly and drink the blood and eat the organs RAW. You would not need to bake, fry, steam, salt, or season it. Our mother provides us everything that is meant to be consumed AS IS.That is why I only eat plants in their unaltered, unprocessed, and uncooked state. That is how our great mother set things up. That is natural law. To disobey natural law is to allow the suffering of our fellow creatures and the deterioration of our own species through cancer, heart disease, etc. Eating a NATURAL diet of the raw plant foods we love will allow us to take full advantage of the bounty of nature, and of OUR nature.Before I uncovered this I was numb. I had no energy compared to what I have now. Now I can enjoy all of life and enjoy doing my part in nature. I ride hundreds of miles a week to avoid pollution. ALL of my food is free of any wrappers or boxes or plastic and it is all given right back to our mother to fertilize her soil. Imagine the freedom of lving truly naturally.I love animals. I like to stop at cow pastures to spend some time with my animal friends. We eat fruit together and share our love for each other and the planet. To know theire suffering brings me to tears. It is an unneccesary pain. We are natural frugivores that foresook our nature and left our tropical home to hunt and kill other creatures.This is all I will ever say about this on this forum unless I am asked about. I just think it is important to REALLY think about what we do day to day and how it impacts our lives, the planet, and the creatures we SHARE it with. We can't just rebel when it is convenient and say we love nature without obeying her laws. EDUCATE yourselves. Dont let them numb you. Embrace compassion and spread the love to our children. I love you all and I love our animal friends. I would not wish their opression on any of you and I hope you can respect my decisions as much as I respect your rights to be individuals and make your own decisions.Plus... Fruit is soooooo delicious!!!!! :-)"EMANCIPATE YOURSELVES FROM MENTAL SLAVERY"Yours in healthMatt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDp84YPeapM
updated by @didjeridurian: 07/23/15 03:37:33PM
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
OMG! Good vegan meal = *drools*...Good steak = *drools*...I'm a fan of good food. XD
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
Hey Jess!I admire your courage to do what you think is right. I respect your decisions very much. In fact my reference to the post about your dreads was because I did not think that you were conforming by wanting your dreads a certain way. After all they are YOURS and you have every right to want them to be the way that YOU want them. Conformity is such a subjective word anyway. As you pointed out in this discussion, anyone can say anything is conformity with the right rationale.I don't talk about my diet to make any other people feel bad about what they do. I only say it to help others understand why I do what I do. I do not preach I only educate those who ask about it. It is very true that if you became vegan because I told you to, youwould absolutely be conforming. No one should do something just becasue some one or a group of people told them too, and that includes not conforming. We should observe other peoples ideas and experiences and use them like mirrors to see how we can change and improve ourselves within our own inner beliefs. True change must come from inner realization. Sometimes we see or hear something that triggers a resonance/rememberance within us and then we can move in a direction that will better ourselves.I believe strongly in my lifestyle and that is why I do what I do. I do not expect anyone esle to do what I say just because I say it. I know that the only way I can hope to change the world is by consciously acting in accordance with my inner belief system and taking responsibility to represent my beliefs in the most positive light possible. The more joyful, vibrant, compassionate, and loving I can be, the more credibility I give to my beliefs.Anyone who is TRULY happy can't be wrong.Thanks for all of your input Jess. I wish you the best in everything that you do.Love and HealthMatt Jess Gergely said:
i agree with this. i'm guess i have a very "mainstream" diet, seeing as how i eat meat, poultry, dairy, you know? i'm not going to change my diet, because i like my diet. so, i definitely think people who are vegans/vegetarians should have their own group &, like she said, i find it a great use of words, us with less restricted diets should have our own group. i don't like reading about animal abuse, or anything like that, and i've thought about going vegetarian, but i dislike a lot of veggies. i'm really picky, & i grew up on foods that i've learned to love. i think people go about their lives the way they do because they want to, am i wrong? i like to live the life i'm living now.

people told me i was conforming my dreads, because i want them to look a certain way, MY way. well, being told to go natural is trying to conform me, in a way, & i dislike that, because i've chosen a path for everything i have in life, & that path isn't going to be strayed from. i dislike when people talk so much about vegan/vegetarianism, because it seems like i'm being knocked down because i eat meat.

sorry if i come off as really bitchy. i'm not exactly having the best time during my life, i guess you could say, right now.

Kath said:
without sounding rude here - i dont think this is the area to talk about how great animal carcass tastes. I admitted that i was a meat eater but didnt try to shove it into everyone's face. I think we should all show some courtesy and respect here and leave the meat talk for a more appropriate group. If anyone would like, I can make up a group for those of us who have a less restricted diet. Let me know!

Hope I didnt offend anyone!
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
**waves*** Welcome friend!!I have been vegetarian for some time now, and very interesting in raw diet for almost a year. What plants give you your raw protein besides soy? Do you eat raw beans too?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
nuts nuts nutshemp seeds being extremely high proteineany seeds or nuts tho i thinkbut u do9nt need nearly ass much protein as they claim MountainWillow said:
**waves*** Welcome friend!!

I have been vegetarian for some time now, and very interesting in raw diet for almost a year. What plants give you your raw protein besides soy? Do you eat raw beans too?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
SE is right for the most part. Nuts and seeds are HIGH in protein, however they are not neccesarily the best source. Someday our society might finally abandon the very marketable false absolute of "more is better". These days we assume since some "superfoods" are HIGH in certain nutrients they are best and people sell them at premium prices when they are actually poor sources.You mentioned Soy. STOP eating it. As a midwife you should know the dangers of processed (even just cooked) soy. The cases of ovarian cysts and cancer derived from mass soy consumption is devastating the health of so many young vegetarian/vegan women out there. It is a hormone irregulator and an irritant with waaaayyyy to much protein. Protein in excessive amounts must be broken down and in that process creates liver destryoing toxins called ketones. Beans in general are poorly combined foods with too much protein that were not designed for our consumption. In fact there are very very few species of mammals that even eat beans.Truth is there has NEVER been even ONE reported instance of protein defficiency in recorded in medical history. Symptoms that most people tend to associate with lack of protein are revelaed to be a lack of overall calories or too much protein. Bananas, oranges, romaine, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes etc. all have a relatively small amount of protein but it is the level that we need. It is only small amount relative to the claims of the meat and dairy industry's "research". Unfortunately when we choose to be vegan/veg we tend to take those misconceptions with us and try to mimic an improper diet with plants instead of flesh.Being a midwife this next bit of info will be invaluable to you and all of the mothers-to-be that are fortunate enough to come into your care:Look at the nutrient contents of human breast milk compared to that of cows milk.You will find that the amount of protein is FAR less in human milk. Human milk is also much much lower in fat and B vitamins as well. Human milk is exponentially higher in carbohydrate, vitamin C, potassium, and all those nutrients that are present in FRUIT! The RDA's (reccomended daily allowances) for these nutrients have been put out by the govenrnment based on the consumption of cows milk. Most vegan/veg diets are trying to mimic those RDA's with plant food. Proposterous no?Anyway protein is just a term defined as a complex chain of amino acids. Amino acids are present in all foods and certain aminos are better suited for specific species. When we eat "protein" we need to spend energy to break down that amino chain and try to use the individual aminos to reconstruct protein chains that will work for us. This is pretty inefficient. SO how do we know which aminos and what amino ratios are best? Breast Milk! The amino content and ratio aspect of mothers milk is the same as that of sweet fruits, non-sweet fruits (tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, etc), and young tender leafy greens. So as long as we eat enough calories of the right foods we will be guaranteed to be getting all that we need. Just remember that fruits and veg have a much lower calorie to volume ratio than foods like nuts, seeds, grains and beans,so we must eat a much higher volume. This becomes the natural volume and will also provide you with an abundance of the healthiest cleanest water your body could ever know. Most of the volume of these plants is water. Water that has been filtered gently over months while the plant pulls it from the soil to use as fuel and food.As far as athletics goes, the raw vegans who are the most successfull athletes who look the fittest are the low ft, low protein, high fruit vegans. Protein slows you down in the long run.I hope this helps. MountainWillow said:
**waves*** Welcome friend!!

I have been vegetarian for some time now, and very interesting in raw diet for almost a year. What plants give you your raw protein besides soy? Do you eat raw beans too?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
i love itlast forum i was on there were a few of the typical meat eatting gruntin g agro asshole types who always claimed they had to eat tons of meat in order to body build and be strongall it really did was make em assholes always out to start a fight..over everrything even if it made no sense at alli wish i had known some of this then to really just shut them up..lolvery goodinfo..your always a wealth of interesting ideas

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form