Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

washing

Sunny Days
@sunny-days
15 years ago
11 posts
hey guysi have had my dreads for about a month now and they are feeling pretty locked up. they have a lot of loose hair on the scalp and also it seems that they are hairs about a inch long coming out of the dread. after doing some research it seems like all my results are pretty normal and stuff and that with time the hairs will soon rejoin dread. well i wash my hair about every third day, and i was wondering if that is too much? the dreads dont seem like they are becoming looser, it just seems that my head is becoming alot more messy. i just want to make sure thats its ok to wash that often and that my dreads will still be able to mature if i just leave them alone but still wash every third day?
updated by @sunny-days: 01/13/15 08:25:53PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
its fine as long as your not oily or using a residue shampootry soap once a week baking soda the rest?its up to u washings not a problem..not washing is

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
yes your hair will dread the best when it is clean. As you said though it is pretty normal Id say keep doing what you doing I like what soaring said though do a good soap wash once a week and maybe do a baking soda wash the rest, or try washing them a little less maybe once a week if you can.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
At very least I'd say once a week or you may start getting the itchies. Once every 3 days is good. A few people here love the baking soda wash...still need to try that.
does it matter
@does-it-matter
15 years ago
31 posts
i just tried the baking soda wash, for my first time, i wanna say its my fourth wash, maybe fifth total in the month and 3 weeks i've had em..well the back of my head is that old, the top n sides are about a month today actually.. yay! they're locking up :Danywho first time baking soda wash, i put about four cups of water in a sauce pan with a pour spout, two tablespoons of sea salt, maybe a little less, and a drop of patchouli oil together, mixed well, oh and idk how much baking soda, maybe 4 or 5 table spoons, and slowly poured over my head to make sure it all got soaked, did my thang, and when i was done i rinsed out my hair with real hot water, it smells great, its not too frizzy, and i'll know about the texture when it dries, so far im really happy with that method of wash, cuz in the beginning stages you dont' wanna be to rough on em, to keep from getting lots of loose hairs, and since the soda wash is a scrub free route, im down...i had like not really a lot of itches, but i did however, have these little tiny scabs on my head, im thinking honestlly...cuz of how often i sea salt, and the concentratedness of my sea salt spray, cuz it supossedly is very corrosive, so it may have eaten away at my scalp a little...anywho between that, and nto washing for abotu a week and getting sweaty, i had scalp build up as well as a little oil, when id scratch my scalp with my nail, id get liek this white, mushy organic material under my nail, im down with organic mushies...but not organic mushyness... lolanywho i'll post up as to how my hair feels when its actually dry, but thanks se for the soda wash hiint! seems good so far! peace n love everybody :D~zak
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form