Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how do dreads get fat?

Kev
@kev
14 years ago
17 posts
i heard they get fatter because hair doesnt fall out it stays in but if you think abt it if hair wont fall out it would stay the same because new hair wont grow in right?can anybody clariffyp.s just put in my new dreads todayhows it looking
updated by @kev: 01/13/15 08:42:22PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
it's not that hair doesn't fall out or shed it's that when it does it's wrapped around the dread already and doesn't go away. Therefore making it thicker. Also the more your dreads mature the fatter they usually get (depending on the method used) as the hair shrinks in length and gains in mass. PS hair looks good enjoy the journey :o)
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Also when they tighten and get shorter(evidenced by loops, bumps and zigzags) they get thicker
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well thats maybe a contributing factot but lets look at howw dreads dreadu start with straight hair that all line up flat against eachother rthen u get em knotty they startrt to shrink AAND GET KNOTTIER WHATS THAT SHRINKING DOING? PULLING LONG HAIRS UP INTO A CHAOTIC MATT GOING IN EVERY WHICH WAY DIRECTIONS NO LONGER STRAIGHT AND FLATT AGAINST EACHOTHER THE MAASS OF HAIR LENGTHY LOSS ADDED TO THE THICKNESS THEN COMPACTED TO ITS TIGHTEST WOULD GIVE U THE THICKNESSWHEN U START A DREAD THRU STARTER METHODS YOU CREATE KNOTS HOLDING THE DREADS TOGETHER BUT THEY ARE THINNER THEN THEY WILL BE WHEN THEY ALL PULL UP AND TIGHTEN UPdamn it i cant type 1 damn post today without hitting the damn caps lock..lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
On average we lose about a hundred hairs a day. When dreadlocking we get to keep what we'd usually find in the shower drain, carpet, etc. So I imagine dreads that start out thin, like mine, are going to be fatties one day.btw, nice baby dreads. No wax, right?
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I figure it's just dread magic... and go about my life. That's just me though. Instead of worry over the exact happenings of my dreads I just leave them to their own devices... it's much more fun that way. ^-^
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
LOl so true. there's no way to predict how fat they'll get or what will happen, it's like a nice lil surprise from mother nature ;o) Faelwynn said:
I figure it's just dread magic... and go about my life. That's just me though. Instead of worry over the exact happenings of my dreads I just leave them to their own devices... it's much more fun that way. ^-^
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form