Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Chad
@chad
14 years ago
7 posts
I got some lint in some of my dreads in the back, probably from my pillow when sleeping i guess, but any way, i noticed it the other day and its driving my crazy. Can't get it out no matter how much i wash. Any suggestions?
updated by @chad: 01/13/15 08:42:19PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
You could try soaking your dreads in black tea...it will stain the link dark and make it less visibleLint doesn't cause harm it's just unsightly...so make it invisible :)
Chad
@chad
14 years ago
7 posts
Yea, in in my black hair, it seems like it looks real obvious. I'll try that. but where wouldi find black tea? It is only in a couple of dreads at the back near the nape of my neck, so I almost thought about cutting those dreads off. That's how mad it was making me. But i haven't cut my hair in like 2 years, so i just couldn't do it. Paula said:
You could try soaking your dreads in black tea...it will stain the link dark and make it less visible

Lint doesn't cause harm it's just unsightly...so make it invisible :)
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
oh man definitely don't cut it...you can find black tea at any grocery store in the coffee isleYou could probably get someone to help you out since it's hard to reach
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea thats what i do ive had mine 20 years and so i got alot of lint they drag on the ground so yea alot i spray em with black tea every now n then and it makes it disapear

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
plain ol lipton tea is black tea the most common tea around ..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jaquerian McCain
@jaquerian-mccain
14 years ago
45 posts
Well you try black tea. Also you could start sleeping with a loc sock on. I personally like the loc sock because it keeps my locs need around the edges andddddddddddd....keeps the lint out. I purchased a couple off their clearance site ( http://stores.cheaplocsocs.com/-strse-A-LOCK-SOCK-CLEARANCE-dsh-REDUCED-%245-AND-UP/Categories.bok )and then made me some in several different colours to go with various outfits.LOLAs a guy you might wanna just get a black or brown one and call it day...but there are options. LOL
Chad
@chad
14 years ago
7 posts
Thanks guys. So i found the black tea. I didn't realize that it was just regular old tea lol. I worked great. I'll have to check out the loc sock thing, too.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Cool...glad it worked :D
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
I feel silly asking this, but I don't think I've ever seen someone wear a lock sock. Are they supposed to be worn during the day or solely at night? Is it basically a thick headband/wrap thing? Jaquerian McCain said:
Well you try black tea. Also you could start sleeping with a loc sock on. I personally like the loc sock because it keeps my locs need around the edges andddddddddddd....keeps the lint out. I purchased a couple off their clearance site ( http://stores.cheaplocsocs.com/-strse-A-LOCK-SOCK-CLEARANCE-dsh-RED... )
and then made me some in several different colours to go with various outfits.
LOL
As a guy you might wanna just get a black or brown one and call it day...but there are options. LOL
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form