Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New dreads

Thr4sher
@thr4sher
14 years ago
18 posts
Okay so I've had my dreads for about a monthand I've used wax. From what I'm hearing I wantstop using wax. How else should I maintain themto make them look and feel legit as possible?
updated by @thr4sher: 02/14/15 11:19:54AM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
First of all, wax removal on the front page :)Now after you've done that, they will probably feel fluffy and soft, so you can wash with baking soda 1 tbsp in 2 cups of water soak 10 mins the rinse very well. This(without the vinegar rinse) will dry out your hair and make the dreads tighter.Now if you get too dry and itchy from this wash, you'll have to do an apple cider vinegar rinse, a little in a lot of water, and that should help but it wont dry out and tighten as much.If you use the acv rinse then I suggest you use a sea salt spray every once in a while to dry out the hair and make them tighter.This is all of the maintenance I recommend :)
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Do a search on wax removal. Get all the wax out of your hair so that your hair can start dreading. The wax is just holding back progress. Your dreads might fall apart some though. You might have to do the wax removal more than once to get it all out. Good luck with that one. After that just do some lurking around here and you'll understand how to grow super healthy locks after a while. It doesn't take much effort, just time, patience and love the locks that you're given and you'll be alright. Really all it takes is a good wash once a week and some separation. You'll have to separate really the dreads that try to eat each other.
Thr4sher
@thr4sher
14 years ago
18 posts
Why do so many people use wax if it dosent work? I'm gonna stop using it thank you for all the advise, lol I love how all those other websites are just a bunch of lies? Makes no sense. I'd rather do it natural anyway

Paula said:
First of all, wax removal on the front page :)Now after you've done that, they will probably feel fluffy and soft, so you can wash with baking soda 1 tbsp in 2 cups of water soak 10 mins the rinse very well. This(without the vinegar rinse) will dry out your hair and make the dreads tighter.Now if you get too dry and itchy from this wash, you'll have to do an apple cider vinegar rinse, a little in a lot of water, and that should help but it wont dry out and tighten as much.If you use the acv rinse then I suggest you use a sea salt spray every once in a while to dry out the hair and make them tighter.This is all of the maintenance I recommend :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
remove waxreplace with lovestop working in themreplace with living with themdreades are more the result of the way you live then the result of what you do to the hairso just get out there and live a dready life

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
One obvious reason, because it's money to be made. Also it will stick hair together making it look dreaded. But the ones that actually dread take a lot longer and a ton of palm rolling.They don't seem to see the connections people have with their dreads. Many waxy dreads have a pretty short life. I mean look at johnny clean..he appears to cuts off his dreads and start over every couple of years...Pretty much exploiting people that don't know any better Thr4sher said:
Why do so many people use wax if it dosent work? I'm gonna stop using it thank you for all the advise, lol I love how all those other websites are just a bunch of lies? Makes no sense. I'd rather do it natural anyway

Thr4sher
@thr4sher
14 years ago
18 posts
I got the dread starter kit off DHHQ is any of that usfull. It has shampoo, wax(obviously not), rubber bands, and dread accelerator?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
you can use the dread accelerator...though it's basically sea salt and waterwhich kit did you get?? Thr4sher said:
I got the dread starter kit off DHHQ is any of that usfull. It has shampoo, wax(obviously not), rubber bands, and dread accelerator?
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I like that :) soaringeagle said:
remove wax
replace with love
Thr4sher
@thr4sher
14 years ago
18 posts
Alright so I'm gonna tak off these stupid rubberbands. After I get the wax out how do I get hair closest to the scalp and at ends really tight?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form