Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What do you use to pull back your dreads?????

MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Hey everyone! I want to know what all of you use to pull your dreads back. My hair is still pretty layered and super frizzy/wiry. When I want to pull it back out of my face or up off of my neck I am having a hard time finding something that isn't ripping out my frizz or "combing" through my baby dreads. Those little hair rubberbands just get tangled in my course hair and when I want to remove them, they rip out half of my hair!! I have a clampy "thing" with like "teeth" on it which works well, but when I have it in all day, I notice that it kind of pulls and "combs" my looser dreads out. Scarves work for a while, but I find I have to keep adjusting them and a lot of my little layers fall out and hang in my face anyway. Having had short hair for so long, I am not familiar with "gentle" things to pull my hair back with. I would like to just tie them back with each ther, but they are not quite long enough yet so, until then, I need some suggestions!!!! Any advice would be appreciated!!!
updated by @midread: 02/03/18 06:08:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
cut a sleeve off a t shirt use that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I use what Lisa uses for when i go to work,they have those little rubber centers for (Maximum Hold!)but their pointless since they always seem to roll over to the other side,, I have to use two of them, 1 for holding them all together in the back and one more on top of my head for the front locks which are still to short to stay back with the others (plus it compresses them down so they look a little better.)
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
these work good for me. They are cloth and don't have that metal thing so it doesn't pull any hairs. I get them a any store or supermarket

Alex Angam
@alex-angam
14 years ago
47 posts
I use a buff or a t-shirt sleeve, or fabric sewn into something like that, and to other dreads, or a nice tam. Occasionally I will use a hairband, but not very often.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
ah yeah your right lisa, mine are much bigger than what paula posted almost like tight headbands,I avoid those ones like the plague, lol
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
lolactually I only use those because they're my brothers and I find them all over the house xDI never used to tie my hair so I don't have any of my own
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Thanks guys!!! I do have the 't-shirt sleeve" for when I am around the house, but when I have to go to work or want something a little "dressier" I wasn't sure what to use. I will check out the local Walmart's, etc. and see what I can find. Just didn't want to try like 50 different things and pay for them then have them laying around the house useless when they ripped out my hair LOL! It's hard because of the layers, I can pull it back in a ponytail, but then I have all the "straggle-ies" hanging in my face. I have never seen "super large elastics" here, but will hunt for them and see what I can find. Maybe for dressier things, I can use the elastics and a scarf!!!
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
for the stragglers you can get hair pins. they works really well for me since I have a few shorter dreads around my face :) MiDread said:
Thanks guys!!! I do have the 't-shirt sleeve" for when I am around the house, but when I have to go to work or want something a little "dressier" I wasn't sure what to use. I will check out the local Walmart's, etc. and see what I can find. Just didn't want to try like 50 different things and pay for them then have them laying around the house useless when they ripped out my hair LOL! It's hard because of the layers, I can pull it back in a ponytail, but then I have all the "straggle-ies" hanging in my face. I have never seen "super large elastics" here, but will hunt for them and see what I can find. Maybe for dressier things, I can use the elastics and a scarf!!!

updated by @opaulao: 07/09/15 11:03:15PM
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
are the ones paula posted bad??
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form