Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First dread! In progress

MagdaLainna
@magdalainna
14 years ago
30 posts
I'm pausing in the creation of my first dread (R&T method). About 15 minutes ago I thought I was "halfway" done this one and with each RT, I realize I'm not even close :) It's gnarly and bumpy and has a million little hairs splitting out, but oh I am so proud of my little dread.I attempted it yesterday, but it came right out when I let go. I was doing more twist than rip and nothing was coming of it. Tonight, I tried more rip and finally, a little knot formed. Maybe a bit premature to get excited over my almost finished first dread- but for me- the journey has begun.I had a total shit day, came home, came straight to this forum and read for a couple hours, then suddenly I was twirling a lock from the back side and now, about an hour later, I have my very first dread and my day seems a whole lot less shitty.I can only imagine how progression will make me feel.Thank you all for the support shown in just a couple of days to a girl with a love of dreads, no knowledge and even a fake set :)*My husband is in a bit of a state of shock, I think it thought it was further off, but no, today was THE day. He will live*Any tips on how to end my little friend? I have naturally very curly hair...
updated by @magdalainna: 02/14/15 10:29:04AM
MagdaLainna
@magdalainna
14 years ago
30 posts
A special thanks to Jessica for talking me through it with patience!
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
AWWWWWESOME! i'm sure you will love it more and more every day!
14 years ago
217 posts
it takes me forever! Knottysleeves said:
Congrats on your first baby dread!!!

(Are you sure you're twisting & ripping correctly? It shouldn't take that long to form the initial knots...)
MagdaLainna
@magdalainna
14 years ago
30 posts
Not at all sure :) In fact, I'm certain I did it all wrong and strangely, I'm allright with that. Just been sitting here quietly for awhile twisting and ripping, and eventually, I did something right and it started to form. Gone much faster since I figured that out. Now I am at the very end, with very little hair left and it's MUCH harder and I have no idea how to finish it off... I wonder how it will come out :)And THANKS :) I am in love already. Knottysleeves said:
Congrats on your first baby dread!!!

(Are you sure you're twisting & ripping correctly? It shouldn't take that long to form the initial knots...)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u wanna do several rips between each twistlike twist then rip rip rip rip tip rip twist rip etc

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MagdaLainna
@magdalainna
14 years ago
30 posts
I got that after the first 30 minutes I think :) Live and learn! soaringeagle said:
u wanna do several rips between each twist
like twist then rip rip rip rip tip rip twist rip etc
MagdaLainna
@magdalainna
14 years ago
30 posts
Finally finished- here is my very first dread :) I know it's "sloppy" but it suits me just fine!

updated by @magdalainna: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
14 years ago
217 posts
it is NOT sloppy! you did a great job!!!! i doubt it will unravel that much if it is as tight as it looks. :D
MagdaLainna
@magdalainna
14 years ago
30 posts
Tight at the bottom, kinda loose at the top before I started to get a clue. I twisted and ripped like hell though :)Seriously exactly what I needed after a shitty, unproductive day that left me feeling drained and under-stimulated.Thanks for talking me through it!! JESSICA EVA said:
it is NOT sloppy! you did a great job!!!! i doubt it will unravel that much if it is as tight as it looks. :D
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form