Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New dreadcare routine

Samantha2
@samantha2
14 years ago
25 posts
Hi I have had my dreads for about six months, most of them are locked only a few loose bits and pieces but overall my loctician says they are good. Once or twice a month I get my hair washed and she uses gel and beeswax to retwist. I want to change my hair products and hair care routine but need a little guidance because I want it to be as chemical free as possible.Thanks,Sam
updated by @samantha2: 02/14/15 11:20:22AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
never go to a loctician she screwed ubeeswax is very very bad for dreads and over twisting can causehem to breakl right offstep 1 remove all the wax this is very hard to do but its crucialstep 2stop ot all ewxcept seperating sit back and enjoy youtr dreads enjoy having them not working on themas natural as possible means leaving em alone to dreadjust use aloe to moisturize (your black i assume?) or shae butteror jojoba oilno retwisting no waxthe wax will be really hArd to remove so be agressive

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Samantha2
@samantha2
14 years ago
25 posts
I am white and my loctician is black. What is your best advice on removing the wax? And what I mean by natural is definitely not the neglect method but just as chemical free as possible.
Samantha2
@samantha2
14 years ago
25 posts
When using the jojoba oil should I just put the oil on from root to tip and leave in?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yikes if yuour white why was she retwisting twusting wont do a thing for uand if your white u do not wsant to go with all the moisyirizers black people needonce hairs dreaded its all neglect thats how hair dreads no matter what all other methods are just to kick start the dreads but then ot must be left up to neglect to dreadso what your routine should be iswashseperatecondition only as needed wont need it much untill maturenothing elseno rubbing or rolling no crochetting no wax or gunksread this http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive then this http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dread-wax-why-ya-dont-want-it going to a loctician is a rip off if your lucky if not its a total disasterbesides wax (yuck) what else did she do i hope not interlocking

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and please dont tell me u only wash when u go see her and your paying her to wash your hair

--
Samantha2
@samantha2
14 years ago
25 posts
How often should I be washing my hair?This has been the basic routineAfter she washes my hair, she will take out the knots in the back where some dreads have connected. It seems in the back they always interlock.Recently she crocheted a few in the back that kept interlockingAfter she will twist my new growth and put a clip on it and after she puts the gel/beeswax she will put me under the drier for it to set
Samantha2
@samantha2
14 years ago
25 posts
Unfortunately yes
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yikes ok shes twisting that only works on black african type hair she odviosly doesnt klnow a thing sbout dreadingwax is extremely bad for dreadsyou can seperate your own dreads its so easyu should wash weekly at least preferably 2-3 times a weekcrochet is very bad for dreadsyou basicly need to recover from all the crap she did to uhow much monety total dod u waste?ok so to startremove wax..then seperatethats allwash weekly or more oftennew growth takes care of itself but it shouldnt and wont be super neat it should have some loose hair at the scalp this will join a dread when ready or will become new dreadsbut it should be left aloneall the crap shes been doing to u will mean your dreads wont last 3 years if u continuethe crochetted parts are gonna need the most recovery and will become extra fuzzy from all the damage it did just resist the urge to fix em and they'll recover over time

--
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
do you have any pictures?
 / 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form