29,640 posts
yea pics will help

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Samantha2
@samantha2
14 years ago
25 posts
My camera is not very good sorry. I do have hair that did not dread on the tips that I plan to cut off once they get long
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
noo dontloose tips are betterblunt tips hold in waterthey dry much much slower (loose tips 6 hours blunt 36) loose tips are sexydont cut em dont force em to dread

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea your camera sux..lolbut they will recover if u remove the wax and then just seperate and wash often enough

--
Westcoaster
@westcoaster
14 years ago
81 posts
If you do some searching there are a number of discussions going on that elaborate on what to expect from your dreads as you start the process of going natural as well as a few methods of removing the wax from your dreads :-) I'll poke around and see if I can pull a few links to them for you.Edit in- Here is one that has a few comments on peoples experiences when recovering from crocheting :-) http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/crocheting-1#axzz0rbKBelgX Here's one on removing dread wax: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/save-my-dreads-from-dread-wax#axzz0rbKcwr5r
Samantha2
@samantha2
14 years ago
25 posts
Unfortunately right now I have a few locks twisted together that I know I cannot get out. I feel so misinformed. But I will put up a better picture soon with a my digital cam. I just dont want chunky crazy looking locks, I want tight beautiful locks. Im sure everyone knows the criticism you can get from others when you have dreadsMedusa wierdsista her locs are some of the best I have ever seen
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Everything SE says is absolutely right. African textured hair will soak up moisture so they can get away with using some waxes and moisturizers. White hair will only get oily and slippery which will hinder proper locking. All you should be doing is washing and separating.The most natural(and super cheap) way to wash dreads is with baking soda. 1tbsp in 2 cups of water. Pour on wet hair and soak for 5-10 mins the rinse very well. I wash every other day but if you can go with only 2 washes a month, you could wash 1-2 times a week. If you have any scalp issues you can add essential oils. If hair/scalp get dry and itchy, aster you rinse the BS get 1tbsp of apple cider vinegar in lots of water pour on and soak for 1-3 mins. Then rinse. There should be Jo scent left afterwards.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Don't worry about taking out the locks. Just do the wax removal and leave them alone. Nature will take over and fix your dreads.

Samantha said:
Unfortunately right now I have a few locks twisted together that I know I cannot get out. I feel so misinformed. But I will put up a better picture soon with a my digital cam. I just dont want chunky crazy looking locks, I want tight beautiful locks. Im sure everyone knows the criticism you can get from others when you have dreadsMedusa wierdsista her locs are some of the best I have ever seen
Samantha2
@samantha2
14 years ago
25 posts
Westcoaster,Thank you very muchThanks to everyone who has been helping me :)

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form