Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

combing out dreads

☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
My Roomies cousin wants to remove her nearly 3 year old dreads but does not want to cut or lose alot of length do you guys have any advise on the best way to save the most hair :) She started her dreads with wax unfortunately :(
updated by @izzy-licious: 01/13/15 08:38:14PM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Step one: Do a really good wax removal to start out.Step two: Grab a bottle of conditioner and brush with a lot of bristlesStep three: Add some conditioner to the section of dread you are working on.Step Four: Start brushing gently at the tip and work your way up ward toward the scalp.*Repeat Steps 3 when needed or if you move to another section of the same dread*If the brushing takes more than one day do another get the dreadlock you are working on wet and continue with steps three and four.Remember dreadlocks hold previously shed hair in the cores. When a lot of hair is seemingly being lost, don't freak out, it is the shed hair that was caught.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
use a lot of conditioner soak it squeeze it inand olive oil works toogo slowe be gentle it can take days

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
owie let us know how it goes.Do you think you could get a pic time line of the dread out?
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
14 years ago
183 posts
I will see she was planning on going to the girl who has maitinenced them for the past year but if her mom and I can convince her with it being free then I think I can def get photos if she is cool with it :P She is sooo pretty in dreads but her scalp is itching her too much and she has been having dreams about brushing her hair for weeks now... she believes strongly in her dreams
Alicia
@alicia
14 years ago
68 posts
I am also interested in seeing dread out pictures or even just you telling us about it. At this point I feel like I will keep them in forever but I would just like to see if it is even possible to comb them out. :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form