Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newbieeee!

Emily Smith
@emily-smith
14 years ago
31 posts
Hi guys! I am new here and new to the whole dread thing. I have been interested in them for a few years now but just haven't been in the right place to start them yet. I have started four just by back combing and now I am just leaving them alone to let them do their thing and they are actually already doing pretty well. I am just starting these four to get a feel for how my hair will behave and see how I will like them. I am open to any suggestions though and would love to hear your stories. Add me as a friend and chat me up!Emily
updated by @emily-smith: 02/14/15 10:31:04AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
try twist and rip on a fewthey come out better then backcomb

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
hi welcome, im pretty new here myself
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
I agree with SE. Try twist and rip. That's the method I used. It's not so harmful to your hair, and if you absolutely hate your dreads they are easier to take out. (Though I do believe you are going to fall in love with your 4 locks.) :)
Emily Smith
@emily-smith
14 years ago
31 posts
i am def. going to try twist and rip. I am already in love with my 4! They can be a little unruly at times and like to stick out from my undreaded hair, but they are amazing and I love them very much!!!
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Gotta love dreads with personality! haha :)
Emily Smith
@emily-smith
14 years ago
31 posts
well they def. have that!
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Hey before I started I did what you are doing. Sometimes when I couldn't sleep I would just play with my hair. I made a couple of dreads with backcombing and they were very puffed out and frizzy. I would always brush them out though. Once I started my dreads I did mostly twist and rip and they are a lot slimmer but are knotted tighter.Which ever you choose, they will unravel a little before they start to lock properly but you could try a few and see which style you like better! http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/twist-and-rip-method-dreading#axzz0qz7F4o9n Good luck!!!
Emily Smith
@emily-smith
14 years ago
31 posts
Yeah, I back combed and they were fluffy for a couple of days, then they got a little loose and now I am just letting them do their own thing and they will tighten up with time! I am going to let my boyfriend add a few more this weekend and I am going to try twist and rip this weekend also. Thank you for the advice!! = ]
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
hi there! unruly dreads are the best! those few 4 are trying to incite the rest of your hair to riot!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form