Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I totally trust this website

Robbbb
@robbbb
14 years ago
32 posts
So i'm asking this here.. could someone post 2 pics of 'natarual'dreadlocks and hand made dreadlocks, also which out of the 2 actualy look better, i mean which out of the 2 look more locks rather than matted hair?many thanks for your time!
updated by @robbbb: 02/05/18 11:52:59AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

1st rae t2nd me both natural both look like dreads (dreads and matted hair are pretty much the same thing i dont know what u mean by that paty of the question)made dreads

theyee pretty good examples of made dreads waxy too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Robbbb
@robbbb
14 years ago
32 posts
Thanks dudes, i'm meaning like clean dreads, dreads that have perfect strands,, your dreads look awesome. i've been to saloons and they always want too rip me off and not give me proper dreadlocks, i have no idea how to get them waxed or w.e it is called, any ideas?
DreddieFreddy
@dreddiefreddy
14 years ago
30 posts
just look around on this site a bit more and you'll see the truth about salon "dreads" and wax schemes like dreadheadhq. johnny clean says you have to have perfect and uniform dreadlocks, but locs are all about individuality. each dreadlock is like a snowflake-unlike any other :] Robbbb said:
Thanks dudes, i'm meaning like clean dreads, dreads that have perfect strands,, your dreads look awesome. i've been to saloons and they always want too rip me off and not give me proper dreadlocks, i have no idea how to get them waxed or w.e it is called, any ideas?
Robbbb
@robbbb
14 years ago
32 posts
So your saying natrual dreads is the perfect choice? DreddieFreddy said:
just look around on this site a bit more and you'll see the truth about salon "dreads" and wax schemes like dreadheadhq. they arent the dreads you want. unless you don't want the locs to last...

Robbbb said:
Robbbb
@robbbb
14 years ago
32 posts
true, i'm all for the waiting and being excited for the finale of having dreads but i'm ust worried they won't turn out right and my head would be just a ball of cotton o.o Lisa McRae said:
Of coarse, the picture of SE up there (Guy with super long past his feet dreads) is 100% neglect. We promote free and healthy dreads here.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
salons and wax are really bad ways to godreads are natural any non natural way to dread is an imitation of nature like the fake habitats at a zoo imitate the natural ones but plastic trees and plaster rocks just arent the same as the real thing

--
Robbbb
@robbbb
14 years ago
32 posts
So the wax method is defo not recomended! how long will the dreadlocks start to appear as dreadlocks with the natrual method? i'm a white guy with really tight curly hair
Robbbb
@robbbb
14 years ago
32 posts
I like the tribal look of dreads and is why i want dreads, i want hair that is different and wild, just like dreads! Knottysleeves said:
"Perfect" dreads are ones that make their owner happy. :-)

Some people want dreads just because they like the style. They don't care about "the process" and are willing to gunk them up with wax and spend hours every week palmrolling and doing maintenance, etc. Nothing wrong with that, if that's what you think will make you happy.

No matter what path you take though, it's important to educate yourself and be realistic. If you have very firm expectations about how you want your dreads to look once they've matured, or want to develop dreads that look just like another person's, you will probably be disappointed. Dreads are unique, and trying to force & control them (with products, maintenance or destructive tools like the overpriced crap DHHQ sells) will drive you crazy and is a huge waste of time and effort.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
tight curly hair will dread fast but depends on other factors too like oilines if u run fingers thru it alot or even how u sleepbutnoone can predict natural dreads speed it can be weeks or monthsif its short its slower if long faster (in general)im betting yours will dread fast from the descriptionbut u might have to be extra careful to seperate so u dont get huge dreads

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form