Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how to have beautiful perfect dreads

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

so you want beautiful perfect dreadlocks?

well lets look at this a momentbeauty is in the imperfections, those features that set us apart and make us unique. this is true in the world of fashion and modeling where the "ideals" of beauty represented by supermodels is often in the odd little features that set them apart. thats a bad example though because of the overemphasis on unhealthy thinness. but in a way its a good example too since certain sites try to make you believe in an "ideal dread" image thats unhealthy for the dreads to try to attain.so where does real beauty come from?lets look again to models for examples1 natural pure beauty thats just born beautiful.orsurgically altered "beauty" thats extremely expensive takes hundreds of hours of work and maintenance and constant upkeep.both to the unaware observer can appear beautiful, but 1 carries alot of unseen scars..both physical and emotional.so whats this got to do with dreads?its simplethe perfect dread is the dread thats perfect despite its "flaws" or because of them. its beauty lies in its unique character, nit in its lack of it.look around our pictures here every dread is some of the most beautiful ive seen, yet not 2 dreads are alike.. theres probably about 1/2 a million individual dreads and each and every 1 stands out from the rest.this is the beauty in dreads, not the quest to look like someone elses, or erase all hints of individuality, but embracing the uniqueness of each and every dread.ot happens natural, organically, its not forced or created instead its nurtured.these sites selling products tools and methods aimed at wiping out the individuality of the dreads are just reducing theyre beauty, making them all the same, bland, lifeless..the boob job of the dread head world..so the how to have beautiful perfect dreads comes down to 1 thingallow them to be beautifulaccept the flaws as perfectlove them as they grownurture theyre individuality

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 09:10:40AM
Jammin' Jay
@jammin-jay
14 years ago
30 posts
SE, I love you, man. No one could have said it any better!
benjah
@benjah
14 years ago
114 posts
Again, a beautiful beautiful post S.E.Guru, seriously. how can you not be?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i just get inspired by all the beautiful dreads around here

--
Akal Sahai
@akal-sahai
14 years ago
39 posts
Wonderfully put! I've been thinking about these things so much lately. Everyone I know can't figure out what I'm doing with my hair because they heard I was "doing dreads". Once I explain the natural process, they first ask "Ok, so what do you do? You don't wash your hair?", then after that, "Oh, I don't have the patience for that!". Enlightenment is about realizing you have to just let go of certain ideals based upon conformity mostly.
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
"so the how to have beautiful perfect dreads comes down to 1 thingallow them to be beautifulaccept the flaws as perfectlove them as they grownurture theyre individuality"I teared up as I read this SE. Beautifully put. I feel like accepting my dreads is accepting who I am as a person. My journey so far as shown me how beautiful I truly am, inside and out. Dreads can be so enlightening...who knew.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i knew...and i knew u were beautiful inside and out too pixie said:
"so the how to have beautiful perfect dreads comes down to 1 thing
allow them to be beautiful
accept the flaws as perfect
love them as they grow
nurture theyre individuality"

I teared up as I read this SE. Beautifully put. I feel like accepting my dreads is accepting who I am as a person. My journey so far as shown me how beautiful I truly am, inside and out. Dreads can be so enlightening...who knew.

--
pixie
@pixie
14 years ago
144 posts
Thank you SE. :) soaringeagle said:
i knew...and i knew u were beautiful inside and out too

pixie said:
"so the how to have beautiful perfect dreads comes down to 1 thing
allow them to be beautiful
accept the flaws as perfect
love them as they grow
nurture theyre individuality"

I teared up as I read this SE. Beautifully put. I feel like accepting my dreads is accepting who I am as a person. My journey so far as shown me how beautiful I truly am, inside and out. Dreads can be so enlightening...who knew.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
:) your welcome

--
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Well, unlike all of you i have not had such a profound change to the person i am cause i got my dreads when i was growing up and i think getting my dreadlocks just helped become the man that i wanna be for the rest of my life :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form