Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Do I have to loop my hair now?

Argie Gulay
@argie-gulay
14 years ago
19 posts
Hias we all know I came from crochet method and actually trying to change and continue it to natural methods now.I was just wondering, should I continue looping my hair or just let it grow and dread by itself?
updated by @argie-gulay: 01/13/15 08:34:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
loop your hair? what do u mean?you werent interlocking as well as crocheting were u?please explain "looping" your hairbut no u dont gotta do anything but seperrate the dreeads and wash em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I'm wondering what looping is also.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
im afraid he means interlocking pushing the entire dread through a gap in the roots.. i really hope thats not what he means

--
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
"Looping" is interlocking. soaringeagle said:
im afraid he means interlocking pushing the entire dread through a gap in the roots.. i really hope thats not what he means
Argie, Apart from washing your hair and maybe separating dreadlocks to prevent them from becoming one dreadlock. Just leave your hair alone.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh in that case absolutely never loop your dreads!!thats way worse for dreads then crocheting

--
Nic Sullivan
@nic-sullivan
14 years ago
47 posts
Why is that se? soaringeagle said:
oh in that case absolutely never loop your dreads!!
thats way worse for dreads then crocheting
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
causes the roots to beciome very weak and break offyour putting the entire dread thriugh a gap in the roots to force the roots to be too tight to the scalp this stops all natural dreading and replaces it with this interlocking that just makes em weakits kinda the same s tyoing a knot in a dread it makes a weak point that causes em to break..but instead its at the roots and prevents the roots from dreading as they should (cause theres no movement room to create knots Nic Sullivan said:
Why is that se?

soaringeagle said:
oh in that case absolutely never loop your dreads!!
thats way worse for dreads then crocheting

--
Argie Gulay
@argie-gulay
14 years ago
19 posts
sorry my reply was too late to all of your wonderful comments.Yeah what I mean is "interlocking". now it is clear. I am about to interlock them last night but it's a good thing to ask here first.thanks everyone for superb help!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
interlocking or as u called it looping, used to be called root flipping, till it became common knowledge that it was very bad to do..one of the worse things u could doso they just started calling it interlocking instead and made it popular againkinda like johnny cleans doing with the "lock docta" nobody likes the idea of felting dreads anymore cause its well known feltings harmful, so he changes it to "fixing" with a nice freindly sounding name like docta and suddenly people think its ok again.. Argie Gulay said:
sorry my reply was too late to all of your wonderful comments.

Yeah what I mean is "interlocking". now it is clear. I am about to interlock them last night but it's a good thing to ask here first.

thanks everyone for superb help!

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form