Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreadheadhq explains residues ,.,ok so what is wax?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
bolded portions near end are most importantok so looking at dreadheadhq non residue soap it says:Dreads dont have to be dirty.Actually they dont even like being dirty. Keeping the hair super clean and free of conditioners and other residues that lubricate the hair is the fastest and healthiest way to dread.DreadHead Dread Soap leaves nothing behind on your hair to slow down the dreading process. No oily perfumes, no dread destroying conditioners and nothing to irritate even the most sensitive of scalps.Our dread soap cleans the hair and leaves no residue behind. It actually helps your dreads tighten,(How?) because it gets the hair so clean and free of oils that the hair will bind, knot, dread, and tighten faster than it normally would. Many soaps make the claim that they clean hair, but these same soaps leave scents, conditioners, moisturizers, and other additives behind, which leave the hair far from clean. The scents, oils, and goo, in their customers hair, are evidence that these soaps are not doing a good job of cleaning. These things build up in your dreads and destroy them by lubricating the hairs, and loosening your knots. Soap that leaves residue on the scalp not only slows down the dreading process but it can cause itching and irritation on the scalp.When hair is dreaded or in braids it is a little harder to rinse well and it holds residues much better because of the way it is tightly packed together. We did not add tea tree oil, rosemary, or peppermint or any other additives to our soap to change the smell, fight dandruff, or stop itching, because these very additives leave residue behind which can build up in the dreads causing irritation and facilitating the spread of dandruff and other scalp problems. Our soap is totally free of colored dyes, fragrance, phosphates, and oxidizers. If you want to add a particular fragrance to your dreads we believe in your ability to choose your own scented oil and do so. For this reason our soap is completely un-scented. When you wash your hands in this soap, dry them, and smell them, you will smell no flowery fragrances. None. Just clean.then looking at theyere explanaition of what residues are it says:What are residues?"Residues are anything left on your scalp or in your hair/dreads by the soap or shampoo that you use to clean them. Common residues range from conditioners and fragrances to moisturizers and UV Brighteners which can actually be seen under a black light.Have you ever noticed how changing shampoo's every two weeks seems to make your hair feel cleaner? Many people have several shampoos and alternate them to for this very reason. Let me tell you why this seems to work. Each shampoo has its own scents and surfactants which work together leaving the desired scents and other residues behind.Because a second shampoo is not designed to leave the residue of the first shampoo it washes most of it away, but not before attaching its own holders and residue. It seems to get the hair clean for a while but then the residues of the second shampoo begins to build up and its time to switch again. Many people notice this when they go to a salon and get their hair washed. It feels so clean right? That's because it's removing most of the residues that your shampoo has left.The problem is furthered by great marketing convincing people they want everything from oat meal to tea tree oil in there hair. While some of these natural residues can benefit your hair or scalp they do not need to be left every time you wash. If they are allowed to build up they can cause irritation and slow hair growth like any other residue.Unfortunately in dreads, because the hair is packed so tightly, these residues are bigger problem. Residues sit inside preventing the dread from drying properly which can cause mildew to grow. The residues also coat the hairs like a lubricant allowing tight knots to slip apart instead of getting tighter. This slows down the dreading process making it almost impossible to to form clean tight dreads.It's proven that residues are also a major cause of thinning hair and hair loss.A major cause of hair loss is the mixture of micro-pollutants, hair care product residues, and Sebum clogging your hair follicle entrance. Sebum is an oily substance produced by your skin. Sebum actually plays an important role in the health of your scalp, but overproduction of Sebum caused by stress (this is a major cause of hair loss in women) and a diet high in animal fat creates excess Sebum secretion. When the sebum leaves your underlying scalp layer, it reaches the surface of your scalp, and mixes with the dirt and hair care product residues.Because the sebum is now on your scalp and exposed to air, it hardens (oxidation) and creates a thick, black, tar like substance. This hardened substance is now clogging your hair follicle entrance. The bacteria in this substance damages the follicle and is one of the major causes of hair loss. (For those of you who do not know, the hair follicles are the millions of little canals in your scalp in which your hair grows from.) After years of this occurring (your whole life), the tar like material makes its way back down into the follicle and becomes impacted. The result is blockage of nutrient absorption of the follicle, thus impeding hair growth.It doesn't stop there either. Your body naturally produces testosterone (both men and women) and when the testosterone mixes with the sebum/residue that is impacted in your hair follicle, it creates a powerful substance called DHT. DHT is the real enemy of hair growth and retention. When formed, DHT causes the follicle to begin shutting down, and basically, the follicle dies a slow death. What makes this worse is that your bodies immune system senses the follicle is dying, and as part of its defense system tries further to shut it down and get rid of it (as it would a cold or flu).The solution? Residue free soap!You want to leave the hair and scalp as clean as possible. Nothing to build up, nothing to clog and impact follicles, and nothing to lubricate your hairs, preventing your dreads from tightening. Residue free soaps are designed to do exactly that. They rinse away completely and leave nothing behind. They were created for those that have eczema and other chemical sensitivity conditions.Not only will you not have to worry about itches but it will help your hair stay thick and healthy. After using a residue free shampoo such as ours for only 4 or 5 months you will notice your dreads growing thicker and fuller.Now you can sport the phat dread and have a healthy scalp! Residue Free baby!!so residues are bad for dreads that is well knownso being that wax is just residue nothing else and a residue thats waterproof and never comes out how exactky can they say residues are bad unless theyrte residues that never come out?is it simply that theyre saying all residues are bad unless we make a profit from it?you cant have it both ways my clean either all residues are bad or none arei would expect the very mild easy to remove residue from soap couldnt be nearly as bad as thick impossible to remove waxdread wax is residue! admit it!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/03/18 02:42:58PM
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
haha its funny how he contradicts himself like that. stupid stupid stupid.ok get your dreads squeaky clean and residue free then smear wax on them. it makes no sense at all.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea the 2 products are completely contradictory yer swears u should use both..after u use no residues use residuesbut make sure u dint use residues.. unless theyre our residuesall residues are evil if you smell anything its badbut hey our wax smells good and it wont wash out too easyhe should be a much better lyer with all the practice he getswhen u tell a lie u must stick to 1 side of the lie not both u cant say the earth is flat then tell stories of your trip around the world

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
and nowhere can u even find the ingredients in the butta.. for all we know it could just be butter...yuck (btw when he calls u brah doesnt it just irritate u?) Knottysleeves said:
Yup, he really needs to address this during the debate, because it's so obviously contradictory.

I remember reading somewhere on his site that he recommends a sort of deep cleaning (by a mere hot water rinse, of course) every couple of months so the wax doesn't build up. That's a pretty obvious indicator that it LEAVES RESIDUE. I mean, duh?!

The "butta" is probably just as bad as the wax, since it adds another layer of slipperyness. Ewwww.

--
Marcus Nappy
@marcus-nappy
14 years ago
30 posts
I wash my hair around 4 times a week and they are locking up on their own! Clean hair locks faster:D!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
exactly sticky hair needs contant rolling and rubbing to mash hair into wax and just make it look like dreads but not actualy dreadedmy dreads formed naturaly in weeks matbe only 1 week very fast tho cause i never used crap like wax in mine

--
Marcus Nappy
@marcus-nappy
14 years ago
30 posts
I live by the ocean but it is too cold to swim in it yet so I was thinking of getting some sea water and using it in my hair. My question os do you think I should boil it and/or filter it before putting it in my hair to remove any little creatures suck as plankton?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well boiling it will increase salinity by evaporationi dont think anything in its gonna hurt as long as its not left in too long after a couple hours wash or rinse out Marcus Nappy said:
I live by the ocean but it is too cold to swim in it yet so I was thinking of getting some sea water and using it in my hair. My question os do you think I should boil it and/or filter it before putting it in my hair to remove any little creatures suck as plankton?

--
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
i hate his stupid lingo...brah, peeps, chickety-check your facts..? ok why dont you chickety-check to see how dumb you sound.
Marcus Nappy
@marcus-nappy
14 years ago
30 posts
Are you referring to my spelling mistakes? Emily said:
i hate his stupid lingo...brah, peeps, chickety-check your facts..? ok why dont you chickety-check to see how dumb you sound.
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form