Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Growing my roots, a personal and spiritual journey.

Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

I thought it would be a good idea to record my progress here. I say 'roots' and sometimes 'jaata' instead of dreadlocks, just so you know :) Jaata is a sanskrit word meaning locked hair. My reasons for growing my roots are spiritual, first of all to let go of my physical appearance because that has caused me great harm in the past and secondly to feel more connected to this world and everyone in it. Another reason is more of a social thing, dreadlocks have been worn by people as a form of rebellion and I've already been rebellious enough, I think it's time for me to help bring people closer together, just like my hair will knot and intertwine, I want to help this world doing the same because there is a lot of suffering happening in the world right now and people seem more divided than ever so I'd like to do what I can to help bring about change.

I'm freeforming and haven't used shampoo in years, but I'm going to use the dreadlock shampoo soon (it's waiting for me at my mother in law's place, we're moving very soon so all of our mail is going there right now).

Anyhow, I hope ya'll enjoy seeing my hair change as much as I do.

Here are some pics from when I just started:

https://www.dreadlockssite.com/duskwood/gallery/progress/all

And these were made a few days ago, around the first month mark, sadly my very first 'super tangle' is gone now but I'm sure others will come back to take his place;

DSCN0026.JPG
DSCN0026.JPG  •  3.3MB

DSCN0018.JPG
DSCN0018.JPG  •  3.3MB

DSCN0020.JPG
DSCN0020.JPG  •  3.4MB

DSCN0027.JPG
DSCN0027.JPG  •  3.3MB

updated by @duskwood: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

i just may feature this as they progres :) you can put images directly in the post you know

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ClintonC27
@clintonc27
5 years ago
15 posts

I thoroughly enjoy watching the nature progress.  Thank you for sharing.

Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

Thanks guys :) I plan on posting more around my birthday which is in about 20 days and I would have just arrived in Scotland (I'm already saying I live there, but I'm moving from another country) so that should be interesting.

Good news! I finally have the shampoo :) it was at my mom's place for a week already, but couldn't get it until a few days ago. And let me tell you it is AMAZING. I have Patchouli, Nag Champa and Goddess and I've tried two of them and loving it. They're just delicious, I want to eat my hair :P Thank you aunt Vicki <3

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

oh its the dragonsblood that makes me want to eat my hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

I'm 'online' again :) will make some new pics soon, can't now because I've actually been sick for a week :( haven't been seriously sick in years, now all of the sudden I'm very sick for a long time. Maybe it's the move, I don't know, but I'll get to it once I feel good again!

DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

Look forward to seeing the pictures :) I've not been well for a couple of months too but mine is related to mental health and anxiety but made me physically ill. Only just getting over it all.

Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
All physical is directly related to emotional health, moving can be incredibly stressful on a person in every way.

We didn't leave the country but we packed, donated, and dumped our house to a fraction, more left than we kept. It was time to pursue a more focused and intentional life. Holy moly was it stressful but so worth it!
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
*physical illness, not sure how to edit
Granola
@granola
5 years ago
1 posts

I am going stop the dreading process until next week 😩. I decided to get my hair colored before I start dreading. I colored my hair a while back which is not my natural hair color and I have grey hairs growing in. So I’m going to color it back to my natural color without highlighting it so it will look more natural. I do have a question.. after coloring it and starting the dread process again can I color my roots when the grey hair starts coming back? I may want to leave it alone and let the grey hair come in but if I decide not to is it okay to get my hair colored with just a root touch up while my dreads grow in..

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form