Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Growing my roots, a personal and spiritual journey.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

you can but i would recommend leaving it be letting them grow in and embracing it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
DreadJay
@dreadjay
5 years ago
51 posts

I have grey hairs. I thought about dying but I'm just going to leave it.

Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts
I've dyed my hair just for a change of color... I don't mind my greys. :) I plan on keeping them there (won't be dying my hair from here on out) but I look at the greys as little reminders of the lifelong journey of experiences.....the more I walk through life experiencing things, the more greys pop up as little trophies lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
5 years ago
29,640 posts

i have the same attitude

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
Life trophies lol. I have a few as well
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

Not sure why people are talking about dyeing their hair in my progress thread but alright :D

I'm actually going to dye my hair black soon, just waiting for the indigo henna to arrive and I'll make some pictures after that. Though it might take a while, maybe I'll make some pics tomorrow already because yesterday was my 3 month mark so it would be cool to have some pictures ASAP.

I have a nice little tangle in the back that I'm very proud of so I'll start by showing off tomorrow ;)

I don't see a problem with dyeing hair by the way, if grandpa earth gave us some plants to do it with, might as well play around with it. Apparently grey/white hairs will turn blue or green when dyed with indigo. I've been considering waiting to turn completely grey and then dye it with indigo to look super funky XD but I'd love to look like a black cat right now, so that's what I'm going for.

Also, still have quite some problems with dry skin / itchiness, it comes and goes but it's really annoying.

updated by @duskwood: 05/21/19 06:03:29PM
Tater
@tater
5 years ago
54 posts
Yes, let us see the progress!!! :)
Peaceful_Passer
@peaceful-passer
5 years ago
233 posts
Lately I've been using an aloe plant, rubbing the gel into my scalp, and wow it feels amazing. I've done it twice over the last week and half, my dandrif is gone and my scalp no longer itches! I let mine sit till the next day before washing it out with water.
Duskwood
@duskwood
5 years ago
45 posts

My roots are nice and unruly lately, I have a few more tangles now. Two days from now will be my four month mark. One random thing I enjoy is looking in the mirror and holding my hair up in one place and leave the rest to hang, it's like spiderwebs of hair everywhere! :D I haven't made any pictures yet, sorry about that, but I'm dyeing my hair black later this week (unless something comes up) and I will definitely make some pics after that :)

I was walking in the mountains the other day, I can imagine the people here in the Scottish Highlands would have had roots too, with all this wind! I could barely see the path sometimes because my hair would just be stuck in my face. But that's probably great for making everything even messier.

Another fun thing, sometimes I wake up with super messy hair, often everything to one side, but then all I have to do is shake my head for a minute like some wild beast and I have a perfect parting in the middle. My hair always looks good too, I used to struggle getting my hair to look 'good', brushing it in all sorts of different ways but now it's just; wake up, look good! Even when I don't shake my head, my hair seems to prefer being parted in the middle and it just goes back to that after a few hours of being active and such. Though sometimes if it's parted more to the left side, it tends to stay like that too, I prefer that personally, don't know why, it just looks nice.

Anyhow, I'll upload some pics soon. I'm going to explore some of the islands around here this week so I miiiiight make some pictures there as well, before I dye my hair, but I always forget to bring my camera =P

I also met someone who has amazing locks, I haven't had a chance to talk to him yet, but he sometimes works at a cafe where I like to drink tea so I'll try and ask him about his and if he grew them freeforming or what else :)

FemalePheromones
@femalepheromones
5 years ago
414 posts
Duskwood:
I like to drink tea

This is the best thing I've ever read on this website.

--
I'm on Twitter @FemalePheromone
and Instagram @FemalePheromones

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form