Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Greetings from Norway

Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts

Hi everyone, and greetings from Norway. I just found this site, and became overjoyed: Finaly, a forum with USEFUL information and help with dreads. :D

I've had mine about 9-10 months now, started out with 37, but connected a few of them because they were a lot thinner than the rest.

So to not make this thread a complete wast of space, i wonder if you guys could help me with something.

I'm contemplating bleaching half my dreads today, but have a hard time explaining how i want it to my personal hairdresser (AKA mum).

By half my dreads, i don't mean bleaching one whole dread, and skipping the next one, but leaving the dreads unbleached from the root to halfway down the dreads, and bleacehd the rest of the way to the tips.

Could somene help me find a picture with someone having done something similar? i would very much appriciate it. :)

updated by @scarface: 02/14/15 09:05:05AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
wow Knottysleeves got it down perfectly :)so i'll just sayWelcome :)
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
14 years ago
219 posts
When it comes to Dreadin, Knotty definately knows her shit, you can take her advice to the bank! Good luck Bro, post some pics when yer done k.
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
Thanks for the advice, I'l probably start the bleaching in a couple of hours. You'l get your pics when we're done ;)
Emily
@emily
14 years ago
203 posts
welcome to the site! I hope the bleaching works out :)
Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
Welcome to the site sir! I love your awesomely fat dreads, your head is gonna be a lethal weapon when you get some length.
Kundalini Rise
@kundalini-rise
14 years ago
67 posts
Be careful not to damage/burn.
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
Bleaching didn't go exactly as planed. We used some kind of old bleaching mouse thats supposed to replicate sun bleaching. Told mum that i wanted it lighter than that, but she kind of insisted.Anyway, they became a couple of shades lighter, but not nearly as light as i wanted them, exept for one phatty in the nape of my neck. Funny, that is also the only dread that has become a full fledged dreadlock, and has been for a long time. :P the rest still have a lot of lose hair and loosens up from time to time.
Scarface
@scarface
14 years ago
64 posts
But I'l by some real bleach when i go home to my...hm, don't know the english word for it. Kind of my studies apartment. The school i go too is to far away to live at home, so i got a smal apartment near school.
Vinny
@vinny
14 years ago
82 posts
Man that's a bummer the bleaching didn't work, good luck next time sir. I think the word your looking for may be "Dorm" by the way. Adrian M Jrstad said:
But I'l by some real bleach when i go home to my...hm, don't know the english word for it. Kind of my studies apartment. The school i go too is to far away to live at home, so i got a smal apartment near school.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form