Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

paganism in a christian society

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

I forgot to add, I do agree with/acknowledge the theory of evolution. Mind you it's not just an idea but theory is the highest you can get when it comes to science, so that title should earn it a lot of respect in the scientific community. No matter how our ancestors got here, I agree that we evolved from them into the many species we are today. [I am talking about all species, not just humans]

updated by @heathen-hippie-o: 07/23/15 05:04:04PM
Torie Shea
@torie-shea
13 years ago
52 posts
Wiccan holidays are just so much more meaningful...also the rituals are a lot of fun! ;)
Patty Haynes
@patty-haynes
13 years ago
39 posts

Quantum Theory is fascinating to me I think it combines spirituality, nature, and science together beautifully. I have dealt with thanatophobia (fear of death) all my life, and I have found that learning is this best medicine. If I keep teaching myself things I didnt know before I am a little less fearful than the day before. Right now I am learning meditation and breathing. I hope to be able to astral project one day. I am also learning how to let go of consumerism and appearance which has proven to be quite the challenge. I would think if anything consumerism is this societies religion above all else.

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts
I'm a Christian, but I don't believe America is any longer a Christian society. I also believe that true Christianity isn't a "religion" with rules and regulations, but a relationship with Jesus, the Son of God. As a Christian, we have a stewardship over the Earth, a duty to care for and protect. The Church isn't a building, it's the people, the body of Christ, being His hands and feet here on Earth. To help the hurting, feed the hungry, rescue the lost. All the whack jobs on TV and in politics have given an erroneous view to true Christianity--rules, regulations, scare tactics-- that's not what God intended, He intended freedom...xo you guys']
Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

*sigh* ExaltHimx7, I wish you could have a conversation with my family. LOL.

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

People won't hear if they don't want to...

tsteck11
@tsteck11
13 years ago
33 posts

my personal belief is something along these lines..

we all are put on this earth and are lost. i think that the goal of life is to find your way back to the truth/spirit/light/good/whatever. one person's path may differ from your own, but if they all seek the same inner peace and sense of wellness and togetherness and whatnot, everyone will end up in the same place. there would undoubtedly be some of us who do not find their way back and are lost to darkness and evil.

that is more or less my personal philosophy

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

Hm, I know it may clog up the front page, but after all, a lot of people dread for spiritual reasons. So maybe this fits in somewhere?

Heathen Hippie )O(
@heathen-hippie-o
13 years ago
164 posts

belleraphon, Desirae is right, Roman Catholics are Christians. And actually the Christians who accused, burned, and tortured witches were also protestant [meaning Christians who left the Catholic church and started their own sects: Methodist, Baptist, Quaker, Amish, whatever], it wasn't just the Catholics. Back then there was a very, very bad case of what JD was talking about: religion being government and meant to rule the masses.

ExaltHimx7
@exalthimx7
13 years ago
336 posts

Christianity isn't defined by a "sect" or denomination, it's defined by someone being a follower of Christ. A lot of people who consider themselves Christians, aren't...they don't trust Christ as their saviour...and they can be in any of the denominations, Catholic, Presbyterian, Baptist, whatever. Christianity isn't just belonging to a church it's a matter of the heart. Because of this, you can be a Christian regardless of denomination or lack thereof ... A true Christian wouldn't participate in genocide, lynchings and stake burnings...xo

updated by @exalthimx7: 02/14/15 06:11:14PM

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form