Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Anyone who never separated?

Nolan Plank
@nolan-plank
11 years ago
66 posts
O.K. so I think there's a post like this already, but I think it was from a while ago.So this is just to see some interesting dreads! Anyone out there have dreadlocks that they never separated? I'm curious to see what they look like. I've seen/heard of uni-dreads and horror stories, and I believe that can happen definantly. But still, it would be nice to see some dreadies on here that never separated, because it seems like most of the dreadies on here separate (Which is totally cool!) Like I said, I'm just curious.
updated by @nolan-plank: 02/14/15 08:20:56AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

therrs a few that have with great results and a few that have with disasterouse results

i did all along till last 5 years havrent except thos that are big already

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I've seen a few on Google images where the hair is one, two or three dreads only. It must be sooo heavy

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

we do have several but possibly the most impressive example is the hummingbird love gorrilla

Find more photos like this on dreadlocks forums

now u may notice in the slideshow hes on some bilboards and theres 1 with a rolls royce

well those wild outta control dreads havent stoped him from getting modeling jobs

--
Kelly3
@kelly3
11 years ago
333 posts

My last set were completely free form. I have had problems with people being able to see this before, but I'll try again. If not, it is towards the very end of the pictures on my page. It is about 3 years with no separation. If you look closely at the side of my head, you can see that they have all grown into one dread. I let them grow for another 2 years before I cut them off. They just got too big.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/photo/3754945:Photo:1359400

Nolan Plank
@nolan-plank
11 years ago
66 posts

Yeah HLG's are super tight haha. Do his look like that because of his afrcian textured hair? If a white guy just let it do its thing I don't think it would ook like that. They look like little hands! Cool.

I see the picture Kelly and I think I see what you're talking about. Still looked good though haha. You looked like a lion.

HLG's look very wild and unique. Maybe the modeling industry likes that?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yea they do my 1st set was no seperation (didnt know better)

and i had 2 horns and a beavertail neck pu]illow in back

that and an 8 inch fu manchu and whebever i looked in the mirror while tripping i saw the emporer ming from the old flash gorden

it looked too..weird

speaking of hands i sqw 1 guy once that had a single dread that widened and flattened then split into 6 so it literaly looked like a hand and it waved as he walked

There was also 1 i sqw in an old bob marly documentary or might hae been a sunsplash one he had what looked like a roof

wide flat dreads extending out in frony=t and back that bounced when he danced but literaly looked like a roof attached to his head

--
Nolan Plank
@nolan-plank
11 years ago
66 posts

Haha! That is awesome! "Get out of here Ming! I'm not gunna tell you again!" hahaha.

Yeah those Rastafarians arn't supposed to anything to their head I think, so they get some really cool crowns goin on.

Melony
@melony
11 years ago
45 posts

I have a friend who was taught that in order to dread you had to wear a tam for as long as possible.Then once your hair is one huge clump, you separate rip it apart into sections... that way you can decide how big you want the sections to be. Seems painful to me lol

Nolan Plank
@nolan-plank
11 years ago
66 posts

Jeez! yeah hahaha.

From what I understand if you don't separate, what will happen (usually) is you'll have a bunch of crazy big ones and crazy small ones. A pretty wild crown. Eventually, if you never separate at all, they could form into a big one. But if you never separate and always keep them up or in a tam/hat, there is more of a risk of them forming into one.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form