Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Getting really frustrated with dreading (Dandruff)

Joseph
@joseph
12 years ago
37 posts

I've been doing the natural method for 17 months now and the past year has been awful. I've had severe dandruff and dry scalp since January.I've tried numerous things that have not worked. I'm tempted to just comb all my progress out, because I can't stand having an itchy head and the flakes are disgusting.

Here is a list of things I've tried that have not worked:

Baking soda/ Vinegar (Apple cider and regular)

Several organic anti dandruff shampoos

Tea tree oil

Rosemary oil

Aloe straight from the plant

Head and shoulders (dry scalp and dandruff kind)

Olive oil

None of these things have worked for me. I don't know what else to do. I know tons of you swear by the BS/ACV with tea tree mixture, but it just doesn't work for me. Any other suggestions? Money isn't really a problem here, because I am willing to spend a lot to get rid of the dandruff for good. Thanks so much, guys.

updated by @joseph: 08/21/21 12:24:46AM
Jodie Mieth
@jodie-mieth
12 years ago
7 posts
I could be wrong, but I was looking stuff up on YouTube yesterday about dandruff. I've only had mine a week now and I noticed dandruff yesterday. So on YouTube I found a video about using listerine for it. It sounds weird but her explanation sounded good. I think that will be a last resort for me. But maybe try it. She did a half and half with water and the original listerine, not the fancy ones, she put it only on her scalp, covered it with a shower cap for an hour and then rinsed it out. It might be a good idea or a bad one. I don't know. Maybe someone will see my reply and offer they'r advice on this listerine thing.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

www.dreadlockshampoo.com the teatree rosemary bar

stop using hot water

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Joseph
@joseph
12 years ago
37 posts

I've actually heard this before. I'll definitely try it.

Jodie Mieth said:

I could be wrong, but I was looking stuff up on YouTube yesterday about dandruff. I've only had mine a week now and I noticed dandruff yesterday. So on YouTube I found a video about using listerine for it. It sounds weird but her explanation sounded good. I think that will be a last resort for me. But maybe try it. She did a half and half with water and the original listerine, not the fancy ones, she put it only on her scalp, covered it with a shower cap for an hour and then rinsed it out. It might be a good idea or a bad one. I don't know. Maybe someone will see my reply and offer they'r advice on this listerine thing.
Joseph
@joseph
12 years ago
37 posts

Okay, I'll check that out. And I only use cold water, man.
soaring eagle said:

www.dreadlockshampoo.com the teatree rosemary bar

stop using hot water

the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
12 years ago
1,302 posts

Hope something works out for you. I would hate to comb mine out after 17 months. Good luck with a solution

Joseph
@joseph
12 years ago
37 posts

Every few days. Whenever I notice dandruff.

Marc Gravel said:

How often do you wash?

Joseph
@joseph
12 years ago
37 posts

I used it for months. I noticed that the baking soda was making my head even itchier, so I stopped. My head isn't itchy now, I just have lots of dandruff and sometimes, I see some stuck in my dreads. So in order to get it out, I have to untangle the dread, which is a step backwards. :(

Justin said:

Just curious; How long/many times did you do the BS/ACV for before you tried something else? Were you adding oils to it? I know when I started using that wash it was the first time in my life that I had experienced dandruff. It took me about 1 1/2 -2 weeks of using it and playing with the levels of tea tree/rosemary/lavender oils I was adding to it before I was able to get rid of the dandruff. No matter what you use it will not disappear in one or even 2 washes, it's going to take a while before it's gone completely.

Joseph
@joseph
12 years ago
37 posts

The listorine is kinda working. We'll see.

updated by @joseph: 07/23/15 06:56:10PM
Joey mipanyarack
@joey-mipanyarack
12 years ago
80 posts
Keep us updated on the listorine. I have the same problem. It really sucks when you can't really enjoy your dreads because of nasty dandruff
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form