Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crazy loopiness!!! :)

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts

Hey everybody! I'm about 5 months into the dread journey (started by backcombing). Over the last couple of months I've been getting some loops. I know this is normal and a good sign they are tightening. I was especially ecstatic because I hoped that was a good sign that the crocheting I unfortunatelydid was hopefully working its way out. So these days I do nothing with my hair. Let them do their thing. Weellll, let's just say like 80% of my dreads have crazy loops going on. Not just bumps, CRAZY looping, twirling goodness. Despite the fact that a lot of people dislike loops, I like them. They're doing what they're supposed to be doing. Plus, it's that constant reminder that my dreads arechanging/progressing.

Anyway, now for my question. Is it fine if the dreads are ridiculously loopy? I don't mind cosmetically, I just mean process-wise. I know loops are good. But like CRAZY loops? I don't really care if the loops stay or go looks-wise, like I said,I was just concerned that maybe too much craziness could indicate a problem at some point? Ikeep them seperated and whatnot, the dreads themselves are just kinda "misbehaving" lol. Maybe I'm just entering the adolescent dread stage everyone talks about? Lol

updated by @cristin-nessen: 02/14/15 10:15:27AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It's great. they should be. And it's also a good sing that the crochet damage is fixing itself

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sounds like teenagers gone wild i want to seee them

they sound awesome

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts

Lol I know right! How can I post pics on this forum? I only have pics on my phone, but no usb cord to put onto a computer. Can I post them right onto this thread from my phone?

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If it's a smart phone, there is an app for it. Then yes you can

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the new mobile site should let u if not u can upload to your gallery or emauil in to your gallery then use the url to add here

--
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts

Lol k, I'm not the most tech savvy, but we'll see what I can do:)

Joshua Earl Lee Darnell
@joshua-earl-lee-darnell
12 years ago
10 posts

This Time last month this dread was this perfect four loop squigly. Just one month later and this how much it has tightened. I love it!!!! They evolve right before your eyes. i used to think they had to be perfect right away and it stressed me out to no end. Now i let them do what they want and much like you, have come to really enjoy the spontineity of their evolution. it's a beautiful thing, loops and all!

updated by @joshua-earl-lee-darnell: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts

Okay, so I just uploaded a couple pics to my page, but idk how to get them on here lol. You can see them there though, or if anyone knows how to nab them and post them here for me that'd be awesome too! :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they arent that wild or crazy just normal looping

i bet u can find 500 examples of wilder in the photos

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags