Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Crazy loopiness!!! :)

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts

Probably. I do have some more on the back of my head that are CRAZY, but I cant really get to them, because they're on the back of my head lol. They are definitely a lot crazier looking in person, but photos never quite seem to capture that for me :( Lol

Thanks for posting them for me SE!

updated by @cristin-nessen: 07/23/15 03:27:01PM
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts

Maybe I'm just worried I'm doing something wrong because of everyone else's reactions to how they look. People without dreads expect dreads to be perfectly even and round and smooth "cookie-cutter" dreads. Then they see mine and they tell me to palm roll, or ask why they look that way and why are they flat etc... I just tell them that it's all part of the process, unless you intervene to make them look "perfect", which isn't the look I'm going for. Glad to know what I have isn't super nuts after all. I think the people around me are just making me doubt my dreads

Joshua Earl Lee Darnell
@joshua-earl-lee-darnell
12 years ago
10 posts

Christin, It is a journey sister:) Like every journey, we are all going to run into uncertainties. One thing I am learning on my journey is that you cannot give a SHIT what people think about you if you want to have dreads. Everyone has an opinion and the only one that truly counts is your own because ultimately that is what is shaping and defining who you are. Don't do yourself the injustice of allowing other people to define you (or your hair:) How do you feel about your dreads? What is your heart telling you? Hang in there sis. Take it one moment at a time.

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
12 years ago
158 posts
I like the way you worded that :)I really do like my hair, despite the fact that it look like a big, messy rat's nest from behind at this point lol. I am loving this journey, and love watching my hair progress and change and have a mind of its own. When I first started my journey I became so anal about making them look "perfect", and that's where the crochet and wax came into the picture. Since then though I realized that I don't want that perfect, even, "maintained" look. I started to love the idea of letting them do their thing, and I embrace the unique character of each one. I really don't care what people think, because this is my experience and I'm happy on this journey. I guess it just gets frustrating, or even a little discouraging though when people make somewhat negative comments, like why do they look like this or that and, oh that's weird, etc. I'm gonna be honest, it does get to me a little, because I am so happy and excited about my hair. Ya hear that stuff and it's kinda like, ouch, that sucks lol.The real kicker though is the people who don't have dreads thinking they know more about the subject then you lol. But yeah, I guess it's more just kind of a bummer trying to... Idk... Defend? Something that has become so meaningful to me, if that makes sense

Joshua Earl Lee Darnell said:

Christin, It is a journey sister:) Like every journey, we are all going to run into uncertainties. One thing I am learning on my journey is that you cannot give a SHIT what people think about you if you want to have dreads. Everyone has an opinion and the only one that truly counts is your own because ultimately that is what is shaping and defining who you are. Don't do yourself the injustice of allowing other people to define you (or your hair:) How do you feel about your dreads? What is your heart telling you? Hang in there sis. Take it one moment at a time.

Joshua Earl Lee Darnell
@joshua-earl-lee-darnell
12 years ago
10 posts
That totally makes sense. I've just started telling people that it's a path I've chosen to take for now and they will probably grow used to them as they grow on me:)
Pixy
@pixy
12 years ago
3 posts

i think your loopies are cuties 8:]

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Well put Joshua. :)

Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen