Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What is the quickest way to get rid of Lice period , dreadlocks or not.

Redlock
@redlock
14 years ago
23 posts
Had them for so long don't know what to do .. Please help
updated by @redlock: 02/03/18 06:51:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
alcahoil and neem seed oilpour alcahol over head wrap in plastic 15 minutes or so every 3 days 70% rubbing alcahol the fumes kill emin between put neem seed oilo on the scalpdo the alcahol every 3 says fullow with an undiluted vinagar rince (soak a few min)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kimba
@kimba
14 years ago
16 posts
So sorry to hear about your lil tag -a- longs--I'm geting itchy just reading about lice lol. I would try what Soaringeagle said. When we were living in Florida lice was such a big problem in the school system there that even though my kids were homeschooled they still got lice just from riding in my neighbors car! What we did was try the mayonnaise thing, which did nothing, tried vinegar which also did nothing and then even bought the chemical lice kit which killed the bugs but not the nits.. We got rid of them by sitting each night with my poor daughter (who was around 6 at the time and had enough trouble as it was with sitting still long enough to brush her hair regularly lol) and comb through tiny sections of her hair with the lice comb until we couldnt find any eggs AT ALL-- this would take like an hour a night but after a few weeks they were all gone. We also had to take all of her clothes, bedding, soft toys etc, and either put them in garbage bags for 3 weeks or put them into a HOT dryer at the laundromat for a long time. Remember to do that last step with your bedding etc. or all the work you go through getting rid of them will be for nothing. I wish I had heard of the oil Soaringeagle is reffering to--it would have saved us so much time and energy!I still get twitchy when I think about lice! The funny thing was that my older son stopped washing his hair because he heard lice were attracted to clean hair more than dirty hair--he put a bunch of hairspray and junk in his hair and lo and behold he never got lice (I think the bugs took one look at his hair and got scared)...I wouldnt reccomend this method though--just kinda thought it was funny :PGood luck with removing those buggers and do us a favor and post what you end up using that works!Lovekimba
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dying your hair works alsoandmeat tenderizer dissolves the bugs exoskeleton and cocacola dissolves the eggsthe alcahol and neem worked for me tho 1st alcahol treatment and was raining dead bugsbut u gotta repeat every 3 days till u got none

--
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
peppermint essential oil
jarandonga
@jarandonga
14 years ago
4 posts
a friend "hecho" killinsects on my head and close this about a "toalla" the insects dead... is very bad this metod...a hairdresser said me what tint the hair kills iti dont now more answers for you.sorry my english :3
joanna smith
@joanna-smith
13 years ago
1 posts
can u help.could not get my hands on alcohol.tried chemist and hardwear shop.covered in vasaline for 2 days.washing out with washing up liquid in a mo

soaring eagle said:
alcahoil and neem seed oil pour alcahol over head wrap in plastic 15 minutes or so every 3 days 70% rubbing alcahol the fumes kill emin between put neem seed oilo on the scalpdo the alcahol every 3 says fullow with an undiluted vinagar rince (soak a few min)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why cant u get alcahol every drug store in the world should have it

neem seed ooils a nother option

the vasaline will do it too but whatever method u got to repeat repeat repeat every 3 days

--
Brandy :]
@brandy
13 years ago
106 posts

I was gonna say dye your hair also, Ive had lice only once and i was actually fairly older, i was 13, and instead of spending hours with a comb my mom bleached my hair twice, it burned sooooooo bad, but the lice were gone, and my hair was pretty :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ah yes dying your haoir will do it too

i shoulda mentioned that but never think of it since ive never dyed mine

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/09/15 10:29:14PM
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags