Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What is the quickest way to get rid of Lice period , dreadlocks or not.

Brandy :]
@brandy
13 years ago
106 posts

you did mention it in anearlier post, i was just adding that it does work well :)

Jora
@jora
13 years ago
3 posts

Use dog flea, tick and lice shampoo. One time, they're gone. I have thick, fine hair, and this is the only thing that worked for me.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they arent generaly safe t use for humans not so safe for dogs either some dogs actualy die from using flea treatment shampoos

Jora said:

Use dog flea, tick and lice shampoo. One time, they're gone. I have thick, fine hair, and this is the only thing that worked for me.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jora
@jora
13 years ago
3 posts

Best then to use a safe, reliable brand you've used before with no problems on dogs. Also, I was sharing what worked for me when nothing else had. Those critters can drive you crazy! Try spending over $150 on lice removal stuff for humans and then find out that $1.79 bottle of dog flea shampoo works better. There is no way I would want anyone to poison themselves, and if they're careful, there should be no problem. If you are sensitive or cautious, choose one of the other excellent methods mentioned here.

soaring eagle said:

they arent generaly safe t use for humans not so safe for dogs either some dogs actualy die from using flea treatment shampoos

Jora said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh i know they will and kerosene will kill enm too and fry the hell ourt of your hair and scalp

when your going crazy you will do anything to get rid of em

i was in a bad situation i couldnt treat em for 3 weeks! i was picking em oit a couple hundred a day and using a lighterto fry em i contemplated lighting my head on fire to get rid of em

thank god i had teatree and did research and found i=out about alcahol the teatree kept me sane a few hours after every application i went through 2 large 4 oz bottles b4 i got to treate em with alcahiol

1st treatment ..it was raining dead bugs at night id be laying in bed trying to sleep and every 15 minutes id be brushing dead bgs off the pillow

1st trweatment i did thourough and killed thousands 2nd and 3rd i did 1./2 assed and helped but didnt get em all so i had to do 2 more thoughough ones (and then wash with neem just to be extra safe) b4 i got em all

oh

heres another way i head about

meat tenderizor it dissolkves the exoskeleton followed by cokke or pepsi which dissolves the eggs (amazuing that ppl eat and drink that crap huh)

ive heard its effective but more ppl swear by the alcahol method

Jora said:

Best then to use a safe, reliable brand you've used before with no problems on dogs. Also, I was sharing what worked for me when nothing else had. Those critters can drive you crazy! Try spending over $150 on lice removal stuff for humans and then find out that $1.79 bottle of dog flea shampoo works better. There is no way I would want anyone to poison themselves, and if they're careful, there should be no problem. If you are sensitive or cautious, choose one of the other excellent methods mentioned here.

soaring eagle said:

Jora said:

--
Jenny Lane McGee
@jenny-lane-mcgee
13 years ago
1 posts

My daughter's 3 of them,just had them.I used tea tree oil (to kill the bugs) and vinegar (to kill the eggs).

I found this info as well,and as Soaring Eagle said,alcohol will work as well.Do your own research and choose the method that works for you..there are many natural remedies to use.Good luck~

1. Also overnight application of mayonnaise as a conditioner makes it easier for the lice to slide off of your kids hair when you will use antilice comb after rinsing thoroughly.
  2. Application of a mixture of butter and lemon on your kids head for just about fifteen minutes again helps in getting rid of head lice naturally. You can rinse it off with your regular shampoo or for kids, you can use baby shampoo.
  3. In India, Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash has become a famous natural remedy for head lice because Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash includes some essential oils like thymol, eucalyptol, methyl salicylate, alcohol, and menthol which are beneficial in getting rid of head lice. Listerine is also effective when it is rubbed on your head.`
Dewy
@dewy
13 years ago
5 posts

The vasaline method works great, but on shorter dreads is mor effective. Dont do it every 3 days, smother the lot and bag it/hat it, leave it till you cant stand it no more. Even lice need to breathe, and its hard to do that when your smothered in vasaline!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

vasalines extremely hard to get out od dreads thats why alcahols a better choice u cant breathe alcahol fumes without dying

--
Dewy
@dewy
13 years ago
5 posts

Agreed, my issue with alchohol is the amount i smoke!!

the idea of lighting up near alchohol sodden dreads fills me with....whats the word....wall smearing terror??

its bad enough when i feel my fire staff clip an end of a dread :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha u only soak in it 30 minutes so dont smoke for 30 minutes i mean come on ya are smart enough not to light a lighter near dynamite right// your smart enough to know u shouldnt smoke while covered in alcahol

if u cant go 30 minutes without smoking its time to quite for good

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/13/15 08:46:09PM

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form