Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

interlocking dreadlocks what it is and why its not recomended ever

Ruth Creekus
@ruth-creekus
12 years ago
14 posts

I agree. There are many respectable people who have jobs with dread locks. One guy I am aquainted with has locks down to his waist, and he works at an upscale coffee shop. He knows my drink order before I even get a chance to get to the counter! The fact that he's in the food and service industry says more about the company he works for.

soaring eagle said:

oh and my last office job i managed 200 + web designers we designed sites for multi million multop[i national orgs like red cross but also every church bank and..polotician in the region and given day i might havge meetings with congreesmen clergy ceos of finance orgs the mayor the governor foreign relations profest=ionals (the japan insy=titute especu=ialy had me in theu[ir office 3 times a week )

1st day of interview i wore a tam

day 1 of work i show i[up u[in the tam 3 hours later off it came my natural l9cks spill to the floor just as the president of the company walks by..stops dead says..wow and went on about his day

from that day on when the president had meetings hed drop by my office to indtroduce me toi his clients

the week b4 i left they were making promo materials mugs calanders posters etc hired a photographer and..guess who was featured front center most pri=ominant possition? the president? no...me

they used me and my dreads as the corporate image they used to promote the company

see ? thats a fact you cant argue with

salons lie to you to scare u into harming your head and paying to have it done

they tell you u wont get a job unless your going bald..

catagoricly untre]ue

ples

every single case whefre dread descrin]=minati9n in the workplace went to court...even in jail not jobs..guess who won..the dready..every time

its in the constitution..read it sometime

updated by @ruth-creekus: 07/25/15 08:50:56AM
Ruth Creekus
@ruth-creekus
12 years ago
14 posts

Very well said, Iona!

Rev. Iona Winton said:

I have taken my time to read all through this discussion and I am amazed that people would want to do this with their hair!! First of all I wonder myself if Sam and jenny are the same person as the term 'Blanket' is used widely in the UK to press a fact that everyone thinks a certain way.eg. Blanket truth, blanket fact, blanket understanding ..... The term 'blanket' means to cover everything and everyone. If they are not the same person them maybe they are both from the UK?

When I first locked up back in the 1980's we knew that patience was a virtue when striving for dreadlocks.You started out by twisting them each day and after washing, and left the rest to nature. Hair Salons never came into the equation, in fact part of the idea of locks was to shun such establishments. They represented un-natural hair that was permed, relaxed and shaped. We locked our hair as a spiritual statement the same as we gave up meat from animals and fish considered un-clean in Leviticus. Some of became vegetarian & vegan. We wore more modest clothes and conducted ourselves in a more 'Kingly & Queenly manner.

I stopped being a Rasta woman when a lot of men took the Bibles teaching a bit too literally and treated women as second class. Some friends like myself kept our locks as a spiritual and political statement, as we worked for the rights of Black youth in the UK. While our locks were short and messy we covered them up when at work and in public. Any negativity from employers could be nipped in the bud by laws protecting religious rights in the work place.

People who think dreads are dirty or can contain lice or bugs are ignorant uneducated fools. Those like Sam, who do not like the look of proper dreads, should take on another hair style. Get plaited extensions if you want to look neat. Messing with locks in this way cheapens their meaning and spiritual history. Look back on the old reggae singers of Bob Marley's generation and you will not see any of them with false dreads. Wear your false dreads to Jamaica and no one will take you seriously, male of female.

Dreads are not meant as a fashion statement. Many religions where dreads are worn believe they are akin to antenae to pick up knowledge and wisdom from spirit. They are an outwardshow of dedication to your path, whether it be Rasta, Pagan or other.

All SE and others on this site can do is show members the truth and explain the consequesnces of using chemicals, un-naural sprays, lotions, and salon styles on your hair. If someone ignores the factual info, this group is always here to help damage limitation.

Blessings x

Tim5
@tim5
12 years ago
359 posts

Thankyou. Beautiful words.

Rev. Iona Winton said:

I have taken my time to read all through this discussion and I am amazed that people would want to do this with their hair!! First of all I wonder myself if Sam and jenny are the same person as the term 'Blanket' is used widely in the UK to press a fact that everyone thinks a certain way.eg. Blanket truth, blanket fact, blanket understanding ..... The term 'blanket' means to cover everything and everyone. If they are not the same person them maybe they are both from the UK?

When I first locked up back in the 1980's we knew that patience was a virtue when striving for dreadlocks.You started out by twisting them each day and after washing, and left the rest to nature. Hair Salons never came into the equation, in fact part of the idea of locks was to shun such establishments. They represented un-natural hair that was permed, relaxed and shaped. We locked our hair as a spiritual statement the same as we gave up meat from animals and fish considered un-clean in Leviticus. Some of became vegetarian & vegan. We wore more modest clothes and conducted ourselves in a more 'Kingly & Queenly manner.

I stopped being a Rasta woman when a lot of men took the Bibles teaching a bit too literally and treated women as second class. Some friends like myself kept our locks as a spiritual and political statement, as we worked for the rights of Black youth in the UK. While our locks were short and messy we covered them up when at work and in public. Any negativity from employers could be nipped in the bud by laws protecting religious rights in the work place.

People who think dreads are dirty or can contain lice or bugs are ignorant uneducated fools. Those like Sam, who do not like the look of proper dreads, should take on another hair style. Get plaited extensions if you want to look neat. Messing with locks in this way cheapens their meaning and spiritual history. Look back on the old reggae singers of Bob Marley's generation and you will not see any of them with false dreads. Wear your false dreads to Jamaica and no one will take you seriously, male of female.

Dreads are not meant as a fashion statement. Many religions where dreads are worn believe they are akin to antenae to pick up knowledge and wisdom from spirit. They are an outwardshow of dedication to your path, whether it be Rasta, Pagan or other.

All SE and others on this site can do is show members the truth and explain the consequesnces of using chemicals, un-naural sprays, lotions, and salon styles on your hair. If someone ignores the factual info, this group is always here to help damage limitation.

Blessings x

Sam8
@sam8
12 years ago
9 posts

Lmao Amanda teach yourself what you just said! Girl you're so crazy lol! Yes one can get alopecia many different ways including having your hair pulled to tight (extensions anyone) however nothing you say will make interlocking cause the condition. Can you pull interlocks to tight sure but only if you do it wrong, as sadly many people do. So don't blame the method blame the person doing it or allowing it to be done to them. They dont tell you to go to someone certified for no reason. It's your hair or lack thereof if you get it done or do it wrong. All it takes is as you said research and the proof will be in the pudding as the saying goes!

My doctor has interlocks goes to place in Baltimore to get them retightened cost her about a grand as she has so many. She's not balding actually goes on all the time about how good its been for her hair. Lol I wouldn't spend a grand on a retightening session but then I'm not a doctor. I do mine myself and they look very similar to hers it takes a lot of work but they're great! My god sister does her palm rolls herself now that she got the hang of it. She used to see a a stylist.

Mine look like this:

167006_487283303314_3556035_n.jpg

Here are some lovely others (not me):

The kids here are especially cute!

Very pretty I see scalp but you know I don't think she's going bald lol!

Something about this is just so lovely, and I can't see any alopecia or baldness here either lol,

I could show so many more but why? These women are lovely and far from bald or going that way. If it works for you do it if not don't easy rules to live by! I love all these reflections of black hair, not all the same but beautiful nonetheless!

updated by @sam8: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Ruth Creekus
@ruth-creekus
12 years ago
14 posts

But, there's evidence that hair being pulling into a position it doesn't and shouldn't go will cause baldness. It may not happen right away, but it will eventually happen. It may take years. And sure, if you think bald is beautiful, you can join Donald Trump and wear a wig or hairpiece to cover your shiny chrome dome!

Sam said:

Lmao Amanda teach yourself what you just said! Girl you're so crazy lol! Yes one can get alopecia many different ways including having your hair pulled to tight (extensions anyone) however nothing you say will make interlocking cause the condition. Can you pull interlocks to tight sure but only if you do it wrong, as sadly many people do. So don't blame the method blame the person doing it or allowing it to be done to them. They dont tell you to go to someone certified for no reason. It's your hair or lack thereof if you get it done or do it wrong. All it takes is as you said research and the proof will be in the pudding as the saying goes!

My doctor has interlocks goes to place in Baltimore to get them retightened cost her about a grand as she has so many. She's not balding actually goes on all the time about how good its been for her hair. Lol I wouldn't spend a grand on a retightening session but then I'm not a doctor. I do mine myself and they look very similar to hers it takes a lot of work but they're great! My god sister does her palm rolls herself now that she got the hang of it. She used to see a a stylist.

Mine look like this:

jovan_locked_family.jpg The kids here are especially cute!

goapele-vi.jpg

DSC_1407.JPG.jpg

Something about this is just so lovely, and I can't see any alopecia or baldness here either lol,

234961305530284194_xTNPzyQH_c.jpg

Got to love a sexy cornrow style! Still I see scalp she better watch out for that alopecia thats invisible lol!

I could show so many more but why? These women are lovely and far from bald or going that way. If it works for you do it if not don't easy rules to live by! I love all these reflections of black hair, not all the same but beautiful nonetheless!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

good yea blame the person doing it and the person dumb enough to hsave it done

thank you only you are to blame
we offer you the truth
if you ignore it you are to blame

wow u said something sensible

Rev. Iona Winton thats why we love you
shes got 30 year old locks healthy as can be
a try[uly wise one on the way of locks
locticians on the other hand..moneychanges in the temple! taking something sacred making it cheap (only cost more then a car)
ripoff artists (most not all again few..very very few are respectable 1 in a thousand)

we also cant see pics only picture names good job there
u dont see balding in words and letters
your doctor is what kib=nda dr? certauinly no dermatologist
i see a dermantologist in her officse is the worlds leading haor and scalp expert i had this alopecia from interlocking conversation with him ..hes getting rich off it not like locticians ..but just cause hes treatted so many cases he was amazed how healthy mine are cause he hardly ever saw healthy dreads
Sam said:

Mine look like this:

jovan_locked_family.jpg The kids here are especially cute!

goapele-vi.jpg

DSC_1407.JPG.jpg

234961305530284194_xTNPzyQH_c.jpg

Got to love a sexy cornrow style! Still I see scalp she better watch out for that alopecia thats invisible lol!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ruth Creekus
@ruth-creekus
12 years ago
14 posts

Sam: I just saw the pictures you posted, as it took awhile for them to load. The young girl with the lighter hair already has visible baldness at her hairline, and the last girl you posted, you can see directly through her locks and onto her scalp. None of your scalp should be visible, except at your hair part. Even the pictures you provided help our side in saying interlocking is bad.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the last girl is lovely and the alopecia isnt bad..yet..u can see it its there and if she stops imedietly it will get no worse
the or=ther 1st pic u can see trouble already the poor lil girl2nd pic u cant see it cause of position only the dready equivelent of a combover in a natural possition the scalp would show
Sam said:

Mine look like this:

The kids here are especially cute!

--

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

but lets see you

your the 1 in most danger

--
Sam8
@sam8
12 years ago
9 posts
Sorry if the pics don't come I'm on my phone not the computer! But let's try links instead: http://www.nappylocs.com/images/moms_back_2.jpg http://images52.fotki.com/v1553/photos/3/1540533/7829246/goapele-vi.jpg http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wG4JVum419g/SYChsqV3BjI/AAAAAAAAOgw/AWoo7RtyHbY/s400/DSC_1407.JPG Lots of pretty locs on here http://minglecity.com/m/group?id=2322904%3AGroup%3A3048011 There's interlocks and small locs everywhere if you want to look all healthy don't show just one side of a story. As I can admit its possible one can get baldness from the method why can't you admit it's possible for it to work just fine? It makes you look unreasonable and crazy lol. Stop the madness.

/ 16

Dislike 6

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form