dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

not fully dreaded...

kayla barker
@kayla-barker
14 years ago
7 posts
i LOVE ryan harvey! Jcisazombie said:
do you like Ryan Harvey, Johnny Hobo and The Freight Trains or Mischief Brew.

kayla barker said:
for sure. i really dig riot folk and against me for the same reason.

Jcisazombie said:
Glad you dig it. =)

There are thousands of more bands like them out there. I really dig the music because they actually want to change things and are active in a lot of the things they write about. Like Food Not Bombs and helping homless people, rebuilding communities, and politics. They're not just playing music to play, they actually want people to act out and show the world for what it really is. So if you dig the whole idea of an anarchist society, I'd totally recommend looking up more bands like them. =)

kayla barker said:
thats pretty sick!

Jcisazombie said:
What kind of punk are you into? If you've never heard of them you should really check out Anti-Product(the USA anarcho/crust punk band not the UK rock glam one)

their lyrics are about anarchy, freedom, equality and woman rights. They're my favorite crust band, and it doesn't hurt that the singer, Taina, has a beast set of dreads, or did. They're not together anymore.

Here's a link to a song by them, incase you haven't heard of them.

kayla barker said:
well, i had a dreadhawk. i LOVED it!! id rawked the hawk for a while, and it ended up dreading on its own at rainbow. im hippie, punker, anarchist. and to me the dreadhawk embodied that in a hair style. the hawk being the punk. the dreads bein the hippie, and i generally had anarchy sides shaved in the sides. it represented all aspects of myself into one hair style. which i absolutely loved. when i had to shave it off i said goodbye to each one of my dreads, and cried for hours.
peace justice & anarchy
roxie

updated by @kayla-barker: 07/23/15 05:00:44PM
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
Yeah, he's pretty bitchin. The first song I heard by him was "Global Economy". It really got me into him. kayla barker said:
i LOVE ryan harvey!

Jcisazombie said:

kayla barker said:

Jcisazombie said:
Glad you dig it. =)

There are thousands of more bands like them out there. I really dig the music because they actually want to change things and are active in a lot of the things they write about. Like Food Not Bombs and helping homless people, rebuilding communities, and politics. They're not just playing music to play, they actually want people to act out and show the world for what it really is. So if you dig the whole idea of an anarchist society, I'd totally recommend looking up more bands like them. =)

kayla barker said:
thats pretty sick!

Jcisazombie said:
What kind of punk are you into? If you've never heard of them you should really check out Anti-Product(the USA anarcho/crust punk band not the UK rock glam one)

their lyrics are about anarchy, freedom, equality and woman rights. They're my favorite crust band, and it doesn't hurt that the singer, Taina, has a beast set of dreads, or did. They're not together anymore.

kayla barker said:
well, i had a dreadhawk. i LOVED it!! id rawked the hawk for a while, and it ended up dreading on its own at rainbow. im hippie, punker, anarchist. and to me the dreadhawk embodied that in a hair style. the hawk being the punk. the dreads bein the hippie, and i generally had anarchy sides shaved in the sides. it represented all aspects of myself into one hair style. which i absolutely loved. when i had to shave it off i said goodbye to each one of my dreads, and cried for hours.
peace justice & anarchy
roxie
kayla barker
@kayla-barker
14 years ago
7 posts
yea, the first song i heard by him was peace justice and anarchy. which hooked me INSTANTLY. Jcisazombie said:
Yeah, he's pretty bitchin. The first song I heard by him was "Global Economy". It really got me into him.

kayla barker said:
i LOVE ryan harvey!

Jcisazombie said:

kayla barker said:

Jcisazombie said:
Glad you dig it. =)

kayla barker said:
thats pretty sick!

Jcisazombie said:

kayla barker said:
peace justice & anarchy
roxie
earth mother
@earth-mother
14 years ago
4 posts
I love dread hawks, Kisses to all those beautiful dread hawks out there! And I also love good positive activist punk! thanks guys. I know it's old-school but the subhumans have some great old socially conscious songs.
Jcisazombie
@jcisazombie
14 years ago
40 posts
The subhumans are really great, as well as Crass an F-Minus =) earth mother said:
I love dread hawks, Kisses to all those beautiful dread hawks out there! And I also love good positive activist punk! thanks guys. I know it's old-school but the subhumans have some great old socially conscious songs.
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
my friend ryan just has one thick dread on the back / bottom row of his hair the rest just sits in a ponytail covering up his dreadsi can dig it
Dee Dee
@dee-dee
14 years ago
51 posts
Im a bad girl too, I have kept a shag, whitch is like a longer mullet for several years now but im letting it all dread and I have short layers on top and it was like ten or twelve inches t the longest before I bagan, my partner says he thinks it looks like a very beautiful lions mane, and I love it im a leo so thats an excillent compliment!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
nah I think everybody should do whatever the hell they want with their dreads or non dreads! I know a couple of girls with dreads and side cuts that look hot as HELL ! What you're saying is exactly what most people with straight hair say about us. Who cares?

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form