Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

veggie vegan omni ital? whats your diet and hows it relate to your dreadiness (if at all)

ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
11 years ago
102 posts
@JustSomeChickAnd you will fail again unless you educate yourself on the specifics of diet. A "detox fast" is not going to do a damn thing other then make you unhealthier, by the way. It does save you a few bucks on food, though...
updated by @totheankles: 07/03/15 01:53:27AM
JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

yeah i understand the specifics of a healthy diet. if you take a look in my fridge right now all you will find is organic fruit, organic veggies and leafy greens, water kefir, kombucha, probiotics, and eggs from free range chickens from an amish farm.

and the meat in my freezer.

it doesn't take a genius.

ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
11 years ago
102 posts
Will you get enough vitamin B-12 and omega-3 fatty acids? Will you get sufficient calories? Will you get sufficient protein? Sufficient Iron? B2? B3? Calcium? Selenium?I don't even know what the heck a kombucha is. Probiotics is a joke, though.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Kombucha is a fermented fungi. It's extremely good for you. Tastes a bit vinigary,though. Most people either love it or hate it. My wife won't even kiss me after I drink it

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

Probiotics is a joke? Yeah please explain how my live probiotics made from yogurt are a joke.

Kombucha is fermented tea.

Sufficient calories isn't an issue as long I'm not trying to sustain on salads alone. Natural B12 is only found in animal products. The eggs. and sorry I'm not giving up my raw cheese or my occasional glass of raw milk. i also love yogurt but haven't mastered making a good thick raw yogurt so i'm left with something somewhat like milk kefir. not bad but not what I'm aiming for. I could also consume yeast.

Omega 3s can come from flax seed, chia seeds, broccoli, basil, oregano, eggs, arugula, etc.

Beans for iron and protein, along with the eggs (protein.)

Broccoli, kale, beans, spinach, almonds and oranges for calcium.

Leafy greens, nuts, beans, tomatoes for b2.

Carrots, greens, tomatoes, mushrooms for b3.

Brazil nuts are good for selenium... so is corn, garlic, walnuts, raisins....

again, it doesn't take a genius. these are all things i consume regularly.

ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
11 years ago
102 posts
There is not any solid evidence that probiotics do anything. It's a marketing joke.It's easy to hand pick various foods and say "Hey this contains that, that contains this" but you might be surprised at the amounts you need and how to combine it all.It doesn't take a genius, yet you stated you failed and only know unhealthy vegetarians. I wonder how? It's so freaking simple yet people "fail" at feeling good or being healthy on such a diet.You can't "feel bad" on a vegetarian diet if you recieve sufficient nutrition from it. Meat does not contain magical pixie dust that makes you feel good.
JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

Hm. well I know anecdotal evidence doesn't count for much but probiotics along with naturally probiotic foods such as kombucha, water kefir and yogurt definitely helped with digestive discomfort I was having. It may be easy to do that, but generally speaking most of the foods I listed contain pretty high amounts of the vitamins and minerals you specifically mentioned, especially when combined. but you know that. The unhealthy vegetarians I know generally consume a lot of tofu (TERRIBLE for you) and grains. my obese vegan friend favors vegan cookies.

i felt pretty shitty despite eating several green smoothies a day, salads, beans, etc. I was CONSTANTLY hungry.

ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
11 years ago
102 posts
Big appetite?Or not enough calories?Hunger should be the last problem on a vegetarian diet because it's impossible to avoid the fiber and carbs, both of which blunt hunger well.
JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

i'd say a combination of both.

anyway, I've been thinking about this conversation for the past few days. i've decided to watch Forks Over Knives and research vegetarianism some more. as of right now i totally disagree with veganism considering that b12 only comes from animal products and unless you're taking supplements, which are unnatural, you're going to suffer eventually. i think your body has b12 stores for about 10 years? then what??

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

b12 doesnt only come from animals

and 1/2 the stuff they say you need you dont need

the healthiest i ever felt was when i ate nothing but oranges i didnt keep it up however it was just an experiement for a few months but really fruitarian is the healthiest diet of all

a member here didjidarian wrore a book on raw vegan/fruitarian diets and is an expert u should read his book

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form