Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

veggie vegan omni ital? whats your diet and hows it relate to your dreadiness (if at all)

JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

You definitely need b12. nobody denies the need for b12, b12 keeps your CNS functioning properly and you can get extremely ill without it. It is only found in animal sources such as meat, milk and eggs. there is also ONE brand of nutritional yeast that provides b12, because it is added. not naturally occurring. the same goes for vegan milks and mock meats fortified with b12. there are also vegan b12 supplements. but again, that's not a natural source of b12. a lot of companies are also using genetically engineered bacteria in the b12 supplements, which is a major issue in my opinion.

according to Dr. McDougall, nori is a source of active b12, but i guess it can vary based on the conditions it has been exposed to and isn't considered reliable so you should have blood tests done if you're using it as your source of b12

and that is according to veg sources like Vegan Health, vrg.org, Raw Vegan Mama, etc.

updated by @justsomechick: 07/23/15 06:27:48PM
Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

i have been a vegetarian for about 15 years and recently i have slowly week by week begun to take all animal products out of my diet ...so far i have eliminated milk ....then eggs ...and cheese is next !!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

its in several sea weeds all nutrients have to originate in vegatable sources to be present in meat sources if you understand the cycle the nutrients are creatted from earth water and sunlight by plants wichj are consumed by herbavores which are consumed by carvivores nutrients passed from 1 to the next as u said b12 is stored up in fat for 10 years which means odviosly meat sources have alot of it..more then they bneed to survive your body stores the excess in fat for when you dont have enough if you have a 10 year supply youir consumming way more then you could possibly need

plant sourse (mostly seaweeds) have b12 just not in the same concente=ration as the 100 year supply in fatty animals

so if u ate 1 burger every 10 years your getting your lifetime supply or u can eat veggires and some seaweeds as spices now and then and get all you need

ive been vegatarian 29 years i never one thought abput am i gettingenough this or that i just eat what i want whatever sounds good with absolutely no thought into the nutrition i have never had to take supliments (i now take calcu]ium wth b12 because im on predisune the calcium prevebts bone density loss the b12 helps the calcium absorpsion) and although i take them now theres absolutely no diference fom when i didnt

the only tinme i eat neteritionasl yeast is at a gathering cause the yeast guy walks by screamming yest

if i eat seaweed its in something and im unaware of it

u really do not b=need to worry about getting enough b12

u get enough wothout being concerned about it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

plant sources of b12 are usually inactive.

this site talks about it indepth from a vegan standpoint. http://www.veganhealth.org/b12/plant

anyhow, after watching Forks Over Knives, my husband and I have decided on vegetarianism. We get our eggs from free range chickens on an Amish farm so we see no moral reason to not eat eggs. We'll still drink raw milk for now... but we barely drink milk anyway. maybe a glass a week for me...

melanie rose
@melanie-rose
11 years ago
177 posts
Finnnallly random mouthy chick may or very well may not begin to see the light! As we all know vegetaranism has become something considered hip by some. Hey whatever it takes I just hope it lastsComing from a very healthy and energetic veghead since the age of thirteen.. I'm now. 21 and feel great as ever.
JustSomeChick
@justsomechick
11 years ago
96 posts

random mouthy chick?

how rude can you get?

by the way, the only person who has said anything that i consider remotely scientific has been To The Ankles. the documentary wasn't a matter of "oh it's hip." it's about the science presented.

Cody Pitt
@cody-pitt
11 years ago
105 posts

I think everyone should check out Wheat Belly by William Davis. Always felt like crap after eating grains and was always having cravings after 2 hours. Personally I don't believe meat causes any problems as long as it's grass fed and not grain fed. I mean if you look at the Eskimo they eat a very high fat animal diet with minimum veggies and they live long healthy lives. They don't have any word in there language for Cancer because that doesn't happen to them. The things they don't have in there diets are grains, refined sugars, and processed foods. Anyways check that book out. You will see that wheat mostly is the cause for cancers, heart attacks, diabetes, obesity and so many more diseases.

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

very interesting ....i will check that out ...

Cody Pitt said:

I think everyone should check out Wheat Belly by William Davis. Always felt like crap after eating grains and was always having cravings after 2 hours. Personally I don't believe meat causes any problems as long as it's grass fed and not grain fed. I mean if you look at the Eskimo they eat a very high fat animal diet with minimum veggies and they live long healthy lives. They don't have any word in there language for Cancer because that doesn't happen to them. The things they don't have in there diets are grains, refined sugars, and processed foods. Anyways check that book out. You will see that wheat mostly is the cause for cancers, heart attacks, diabetes, obesity and so many more diseases.

Cody Pitt
@cody-pitt
11 years ago
105 posts

Yea it's very interesting but frightening at the same time haha.

Danielle Hache said:

very interesting ....i will check that out ...

Cody Pitt said:

ToTheAnkles!
@totheankles
11 years ago
102 posts
@JustSomeChickYay! I consider you to be remotely nice :D.Melanie did totally hit the nail on the head, though. That is exactly how you appeared to me aswell. Random mouthy chick.The hip part was about you approach the whole matter:"anyhow, after watching Forks Over Knives, my husband and I have decided on vegetarianism.".That sentence is just...I don't even have any words for it. It's like a serial killer seriously telling people "After watching Silence of the Lambs, me and my parole officer have decided I should stop murdering hot women".Natural does not equal good. Popping a pill to get B-12 with an otherwise healthy diet is probably better then eating meat/animal products and getting toxins to go with it. I know nothing about that Amish farm, so I suppose eating eggs is no issue if the chickens are treated well, but eggs are just not that healthy in the first place. Second, you would have to consume quite a bit of eggs to get sufficient B-12 and omega-3 fatty acids. It doesn't really solve anything, you will probably need to supplement both in order to get optimal amounts. Diary industry cows are treated no better then meat industry cows, so why drink milk unless that also comes from the Amish farm. Again, what's with the RAW! milk thing? Natural does not equal good, there's a reason they pasteurize that crap. While were on the matter of natural, it is not natural for a grown woman to consume the milk of another species.The eskimo/inuit thing is taken way out of proportion. Do you know what their lifespan is? An awesome 50 years. These people do not even live close to even western society retirement regardless of their impeccable health. Do you know where else people rarely get cancer? In just about every third world country!Do you know what people did live ridiculously long even by western society standard? The Okinawans. A bunch of simple farmers that lived off pretty much 99% sweet potatoes. Virtually no grains, virtually no meat (they did have some monthly festival thing in which they ate meat), virtually no fat or protein. Virtually no modern healthcare. Just. Frigging. Sweet potatoes.

/ 20

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form