Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oozy scar on scalp?

Chava
@chava
14 years ago
9 posts
Hello dread heads I was wondering of anybodyknows some remedys to help with the itchinessfor scalps because not long ago I was feeling myhair and I noticed towards the back some hair wasstuck together but i felt sticky and I noticed I hadan oozy scar because i scratched just a little bit
updated by @chava: 02/14/15 08:56:04AM
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
14 years ago
184 posts

Well if there's an oozy scar, it sounds like an infection and should probably be treated with a bit of hydrogen peroxide or something to clean it out.

Itchy scalps can be remedied by using some essential oils when you use the baking soda cleaning method, if that's what you use.

You wash your dreads, correct?

Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts

What do you wash your hair with? You might be over-drying your scalp, or even having an allergic reaction.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

or if u itched so much u broke skin might have lice (which u can get rid of without getting rid of dreadsw)

and teatree is the strongest anticeptic there is so would be as good otr better then peroxide (peroxide can blind u if u get it in your eyes)

just add lik extra teatree to the baking soda acv and be sure to do the acv

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chava
@chava
14 years ago
9 posts
I've always had a sencitive scalp cus I would always get alot of dandruff or it would just get itchy, I'm real sure I don't have lice tought and I put tea tree oil (2 drops) in the bs it ends up looking kinda cloudy and pasty

soaringeagle said:

or if u itched so much u broke skin might have lice (which u can get rid of without getting rid of dreadsw)

and teatree is the strongest anticeptic there is so would be as good otr better then peroxide (peroxide can blind u if u get it in your eyes)

Chava
@chava
14 years ago
9 posts
It's not really a old scar or anything like that, I scratched today and I think to hard because after it felt oozy and I checke it again and I guess what ever it was dried into yellow chunk things, I don't have dreads yet but I wash my hair with the bs and acv and some tea tree oil to help with my dandruff cus dude I'm my own snowy mountain hahaha

Brandon Arnold said:

Well if there's an oozy scar, it sounds like an infection and should probably be treated with a bit of hydrogen peroxide or something to clean it out.

Itchy scalps can be remedied by using some essential oils when you use the baking soda cleaning method, if that's what you use.

You wash your dreads, correct?

Chava
@chava
14 years ago
9 posts
I wash with baking soda and apple cider vinegar

Lex said:

What do you wash your hair with? You might be over-drying your scalp, or even having an allergic reaction.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

cloudy and pasty? is it good teatree like really essential oils ??

also u might wanna add rosemary too if your that flaky

Chava said:

I've always had a sencitive scalp cus I would always get alot of dandruff or it would just get itchy, I'm real sure I don't have lice tought and I put tea tree oil (2 drops) in the bs it ends up looking kinda cloudy and pasty

soaringeagle said:

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Ras J
@ras-j
14 years ago
17 posts

wut excatly you mean by adding rosemary... another oil?

Daveovthedead
@daveovthedead
14 years ago
20 posts

no. rosemary is an herb. You can find it in any spice isle. It looks like pine needles. Or you can buy it fresh int eh produce. I'd have to imagine fresh might a bit more pleasant and would retain more of the desirable properties. I'm not surewhat it does for your hair though

Ras J said:

wut excatly you mean by adding rosemary... another oil?

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form