Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

felted look?

anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
Hey guys I dunno if this would be the right forum to ask this but, you guys have seen dreads that the bodys of the dread look like a felted hat or something right? Well, my question is, is that look a over time thing? orrrrrr a hair type thing, orrrr what they wash with orrrr... you guys get what im sayin haha. Like, how does that happen? Just curious cuz I think that is one of the most awesome things about alot of dreads I've seen and that's what I reaallllly hope happens to mine eventually. Thanks guys :) Bless.
updated by @anthony-williams: 01/13/15 08:50:11PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
can u gimme an example a picture]\cause i think u mean how african dreads look?crochet dreads can look woven sorta alnmost felyredbut then again there is dreads made by felting but its the absiolute dubesrt thing u can ever doit turns every single hair into a tiny tiny peice and they are as weak as felt often cant suport theyre own weightbut what i thi8nk u mean wich is silly too is when they wookl felt them take wook tarn and felt it to the dread to add colorbuyt i need a picture to know what u mean

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
Dang, I don't have a pic right now. Ill try to get one soon for ya. I think its mostly on older dreadheads I've seen... which I can definatly say they haven't had anything done to their locks cuz they're just older hippie types ya know? I know you have had to at some point seen the type I mean SE. You've seen alot of dreads. :) oh, btw I do mean caucasion dreads. Like maybe it just has to do with age of the locks or something. I dunno haha. The ones I mean tho have like pretty much zero loosies or flyaways in the bodies. Of course plenty of normal looseness at the roots but not the bodies ya know?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i think i know what u mean just like a good tight dread u get the body fuzz when theyre really clean freshly washed so maybe im not sure maybe u mean dreads that just arent washed as often so dont get the frizziesor dreads that see the ocean alot cause the ocean will keep em that way toop

--
Fay Brotherhood
@fay-brotherhood
14 years ago
59 posts
I think you're talking about mature dreads? That look you get when they are all fat and settled down, and the frizzies have calmed down and the hairs all look quite smooth in the dread and it looks all soft and cuddly? Is that what you mean when you talk about looking "like felt" as opposed to felted which is a technique of makin dreads.If thats what you meant then yeah... its just a consequence of time :)
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
i met a lady whose dreads were 15 years old and they looked so dreaded that each dread looked like one gigantic strand of hair. it was crazy. i could barely make out any individual strands of hairs in each dread. she had gray hair. it felt like a wool sweater wrapped around an electrical cord.does that sound like what you're talking about? haha
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
14 years ago
101 posts
^ yep that's pretty much exactly what I meant :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
my guess its alotta time in tamsi think mine catch on things too much to look that way haha or maybe i condition too muchi'm layin off the jojoba and all the oils a bit to see

--
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts

anthony williams said:
^ yep that's pretty much exactly what I meant :)
yeah her advice was to never put anything in them! haha she washed with dr bronners i think.i think they just get like that over time. the crazy part was the mass density of hair i could feel in each dread. that thing was like... when i pinch mine they squish a little bit, but hers were straight up solid. it was intesne.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form