Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

a interlocking loctician wanted to show me how great interlocking is

Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
Wow, just returned to see how things are going on here, and this is what i found. What a bummer... if anybody out there starts a new dreadlock site let me know. There are many individuals that I really enjoy on this site and would enjoy keeping in touch. But there is so much animosity here, it's so sad to me! I know many will argue against the whole "why can't we be friends?" philosophy, but in a time where there is so much ugliness in the world, it seems so counter productive to fight about such silliness.I said it once, but we are all on this site due to a common bond. In western society (and I know there are some on here who do not belong to this society, though it seems to be spreading across the globe) humans tend to be very individualistic and we need more community! Lets make our communities a healthy and happy place to go.Hope you're all well and that someday we can just let all of this craziness go..
updated by @bird: 07/10/15 01:05:16AM
Mylaylay18
@mylaylay18
14 years ago
18 posts
I completely agree...I think there are a few nice folks on here as well that I'd love to keep in contact with...I am working on my blog which I hope will include a place for community too...for now, my community is on my Youtube channel..come check me out www.youtube.com/mylaylay18 . I'll be around to check on other forums on this site too though SE..

Bird said:
Wow, just returned to see how things are going on here, and this is what i found. What a bummer... if anybody out there starts a new dreadlock site let me know. There are many individuals that I really enjoy on this site and would enjoy keeping in touch. But there is so much animosity here, it's so sad to me! I know many will argue against the whole "why can't we be friends?" philosophy, but in a time where there is so much ugliness in the world, it seems so counter productive to fight about such silliness.

I said it once, but we are all on this site due to a common bond. In western society (and I know there are some on here who do not belong to this society, though it seems to be spreading across the globe) humans tend to be very individualistic and we need more community! Lets make our communities a healthy and happy place to go.

Hope you're all well and that someday we can just let all of this craziness go..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
bird how would u like ppl to be honnest and say what they think about how it looks more nicely?it looks horrible but i still want to hug her?did anyone say theyd spit on her if they saw her on the srereets?nobody was being mean to her just being hionnest abiout how it lookscan u honnestly look at it and say it looks good? no you cant thats why u didnt even commebt on it instead u commented on how others commebtedi understand you dont want to seem mean so u rather not say anything at all\so ok..dont say anythingit would be nice if this was dropped and nothing more saidbut well ppl look at it and they are shocked at what they seeits hard to not commebt onif its not for u..click back and read somerhing elsebut some ppl see this and cant help comment cause they cant believe anyon es paid to do this to peoplehow would u feel if u trusted a salon..paid 700 dollars..and ended up like that? wouldnt u be pissed?dont u think ppl have the right to know they shouldnt fall for this?if they knew not to fo to a salon and get interlocked especialy by this 1 then maybe thered be alot less heartbreak after having dreads messed up this way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if you keep interlocking it is indeed possible to get permenant hair loss in that pattern i have no idea what percentage actuaky have had permenant hair loss but its enough to not be extremely rare

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

or so he claimes..massive egomaniac i think but yea it is 1 of the worse methods there is

even jonny clean warns against it so u know its gotta be bad since he loves pushing horrible methods and products

--
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts
I tried to do interlocking when I was in the hospital for a month. I did it with locking gel because I had soo much time on my hands. It was not like this guy in the video, I was just braiding them together tightly navely thinking my loose roots would dread that way. My sister came to visit me and was like "I don't think you are supposed to have all those spots!" Its not a great thing to do and I would never do that to my dreads. I can't even watch the video. The picture that is showing looks painfully enough.
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts
Okay now I have seen the video. The poor girl actually paid for those? She could have done that at home for free. He looks like he is hurting her, even when I was getting my dreads done initially i did not feel pain, I was impatient because the stylist stopped doing my hair to help a Dominican woman with her weave. Anyway he's the best in the world and he is doing that in his kitchen? I bet you 10 bucks those started slipping off within a few days! And whats with the music, its like something you see in a The Boondocks fan favorite film. I feel bad because according to youtube there are 404 more victims
Jax
@jax
13 years ago
1 posts

OUCH! The dreads look really tight at the scalp. Did i see anaspirinbottle in the background? j/k*

I did not like this video. Stay Natural.

Sierra Nicole
@sierra-nicole
13 years ago
28 posts
I'm really not liking the scalpy look. lol. Those look painfully tight.
Jordan Hannah
@jordan-hannah
13 years ago
4 posts

I wonder if she gets headaches from how hard those rubberbands are pulling on her hair.

updated by @jordan-hannah: 06/14/15 05:00:54AM

/ 12

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form