Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Twisting to combine loose hairs, keep sections organized

tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
I know what you mean, I don't have very loose/long roots and I wish I did. I don't know why but they were loose in the beginning, but during my shrinkage phase they got really tight and so like my front dread falls in front of my face and sticks out and looks silly, but it's only 3 inches now so I can't really put it back (I just put it under one of my other dreads, and eventually it falls forward again). I just got some headbands so that should help.I personally wish I had that 1-2 inch loose root thing going on that some people complain about, it wold give my dreads more flexibility like when they first started out, and I wouldn't get unicorn dread every time I look down. I think as they loosen or grow now that they've shrunk as much as I think they can they should eventually give me some wiggle room LOL

soaringeagle said:
1 of my best freinds dreads was started by taking a section of hair twisting it uo just like that while holding the tip then..pulling the tip out si the coil boinged out straight and stayed in the tight twist and dreaded fromj there it worked well but was done oncvce
i do agree as a style its super cute but to do it to encourage roots to dread i dont think makes sense

updated by @tatyananashi: 07/09/15 09:36:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea as thry grow they'll find a better way to hang but after all thast shrrinkage u got a while to wait altho they will be amazing tght and beautiful when longer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
eLPea
@elpea
14 years ago
17 posts

soaringeagle said:
1 of my best freinds dreads was started by taking a section of hair twisting it uo just like that while holding the tip then..pulling the tip out si the coil boinged out straight and stayed in the tight twist and dreaded fromj there it worked well but was done oncvce
i do agree as a style its super cute but to do it to encourage roots to dread i dont think makes sense
can you explain this better? I don't understand the holding the tip/pulling the end/coil boinging bit, but i'm curious.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form