Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crochet dreads idiots on youtube

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
interlockings a gambleif your black theres probable a far less chance they break5-10% i guess well no less 5-10% chance that pit of all your dreads 1-4 might breakif your white way way higher maybe 25-30% chancethats still leaving alotta ppl who have good results but its a real gamble because they are weak spot ontop of weak spothow do you interlock without creating a hole in the root to push the entire dread throughthink about what that doesthats a weakk spotcrochet is what were talking here tho poking holes in dreadsboth are bad and not too smarkinterlocking is probably worse except in african hair that somehow survives it better (but they survive wax and tr=twisting and all sorts of things better dont mean those things are good for em to do tho just means they have a higher chance of getting away with it)its funny tho both tyopes are fragi,le in certain ways strong in others so can resist different things the other would siffer fromblacks resist lice really well for instance but can dry out very badly and break just from drynesseven some chemicals are safer for 1 then anotherthe fact thioo isive seen interlocking cause beaking more in blacks because its used morebut a higher percentage in whites even tho so few use itover the years probly saw a dozen blacks with broken interlocks out of a couple hundred or sowhile with whits was more like 5 outa 20 (guessing dont keep track to much)i really havent seen too many whites use it (at least not more then once) so it seemss like a hell of alot had issues

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/26/15 03:08:45PM
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
what is interlocking? are you talking root flipping?
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
Soaring eagle is one of my inspirations. I want my dreads down to my feet, and one day hopefully they will be. The whole issue on this thread was someone crochetting their hair telling Soaring Eagle to do the same.
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
Who is to say that Lil Wayne won't get tired of them in a year and cut em?
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
That is the difference between life style and fashion
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
ok so interlocking is the same as root flipping
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
and lil wayne does have pretty dreads btw.....
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u force a gap in the root and thrwad the whole dread thriough..thats a hole a big hole a hole the size iof the dreasdand are u listening? its not antidread to look professionalbutthere are ways to look professional without doing so much damn harmand why is a professuinal look defined by zero hair around the dread base? do u think its professional only iff theres bald spots all around?ofcourse notprofessional looknice neatly styled tied back or upno ritten smellmaybe smoothed out low frizzhell u can go fopr the all round all thye same size if thats what u believe is professional (u define it ive been professional with my dreads as they are and was never concidered unprofessional at all0but why do u have to do harmful things to look prpfessional?i dont know who lil wayne is but i think i saw him dont his stick straing t up in all weird directions? u think those are more professional? why? because u heard of him?having a professional style just means keeping em neat and looking fine none bigger then your arm sticking out the front of your head in yoyr face (my beard dreads were never even questioned)u can look like u have smooth frizz free dreads by supergluing all your hair into round massesbutis that a smart thing to do to have round dreads?for instane dread ballings silly poinrless but aint gonna do u no harm at alland acheives the same thing as inyerlockingwrapping the loosies round the roots too (in fact might even strengthen them i dunno)silly pointless but if u feel u must to keep a look then go for itpalm rolling..silly..poinless buty if u feel u must do it (it will do some harm but its mild unless u do it to extremes) (u can tell by looking when its obsessive)all maintained dreads for the most part will siffer some..but theres vertainly better and worse things to dodread permfeltinginterlockingcrochetingextreme twistingroot rubbingpalm rollinglight twistingseperatungnothingthats pretty much the most damaging to the least (methods not products)not sure if palm rolling and light twisting should be reversed but cause roots are more delicate think thats rightsome hair types might varie tho thats a generality i have no clue about dread perrms in african hair c ause i really doubt its ever been done

--
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
last year i hung out in Pitsburgh for a while. I met this wonderful woman named Sam. She looked at my head and said omg i wanna play with your hair. It was wonderful....hanging out with some of my really beautiful friends and sitting in the floor having my head played with...can't ask for more than that.People who don't know better are afraid to touch a dreadies head. I had no idea what root flipping was...but she did that to my whole head...and it was painful in some spots...but i really didn't think that much about it...just loved having someone mess with my hair. Now a year later...i can show you every place she flipped . There is an indention on every dread. Now i worry that one day it will become a weak spot and break off at that point.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
actuakyfeltings gotta be worse then dread permi cant imagine anything worse then felting dreads

--

/ 7

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form