Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

NEED EMERGENCY HELP!

peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
ya - I am wearing a neck gator as a tam....

It is helping a little with the pain. I have spent about 8 hours with my husband working on my hair. I think it was just too many hours. Trying to relax for now...until I realize what I am doing next. Trying not to jump into it too quickly - do not want to regret anything.
updated by @peacelovinmama: 07/10/15 11:36:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its not real close but let me make a call

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
YOU ROCK SE! Thank you so much....I am going to step away from the computer now and try to relax my brain cells - see if I can relax away some pain.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
in manitao springs theres an old hippie dude that des dreads freealso chev said u can very carefully use an exacto knofe and kinda tryy finding the dread cores that make up the original dreads and slice carefully around themill get u the dude in manitau springs info ill pm u

--
peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
So - here is the latest news....I never did follow up the chevy - got kinda sick and felt like crud. my hubby and I have been working on it for hours (17 total) for about 2 weeks now. I am not totally happy - but I also did not have ot cut my hair - not yet.The one side is still great. The other side lost a lot of hair. We used scissors and exacto knife with olive oil. I now have some really thick bottoms on some really skinny tops and lost several whole groups.

Let me know what you think....and any sugggestions for keeping the rest of my hair.SE - you are so great!My Head Does not Hurt as Bad - maybe 20% of the pain.
updated by @peacelovinmama: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
wow they look so much betterrjust be sure to seperate often so u dont get in that mess again but maybe give em 2 weeks to heal the scalp b4 u do

--
peacelovinmama
@peacelovinmama
14 years ago
30 posts
ok - so now I am faced with the aftermath of all of this....sore head (to be expected)some really short hairs that are no longer part of any dread - like 2 inch piecessome really short dreads - like 4-5 inches (keep in mind my others are 1.5 - 2 fee tin length)some really fat chuncks of several dreads hanging off of very few hairsdue to the above issue - I only have like 8 dreads on the bad side - while there are about 20 on the other side...really sharp edges on the hairs we had to cut...so lots of itchness where the dreads fall on my skinI am not sure what to do about the fat sections hanging from the few hairs. I have already lost 2 really big chunks - in addition to a ton of hair. I think I am probably going to loose more. I am wondering if there is anything that can be done to strengthen. I imagined that I could weave some hemp - but that seems like it might pull out the remaining hairs. Especially worried because my hair seems to falling out at an amazing rate...

updated by @peacelovinmama: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Jackal
@jackal
14 years ago
132 posts
hmm. honestly i think it looks sort of alright. i have a few dreads that have big dreads hanging off of skinny sections of hair and i just let them go for the most part... what happened was the skinny parts were undreaded hair, now that im a few months past it the undreaded skinny part is starting to dread and shrink, and forming a fat part of comprible size to the fatter part... hair is a lot stronger than you would think. im glad you decided to try fixing it before cutting them off. id say keep working at it, you can always rip fatter ones as you go (i started with 16 dreads, now i have 32 dreads), some of the ones i ripped were pretty much rock hard and mature, and i ended up using barber scissors with no ill effects on some of the mature parts... they may look really bad at the moment and they may look a mess... but once all is said and done and theyre all locked up nicely, i think they will balance themselves out. the ripped out hair will regrow and join the existing dreads to strengthen the roots, the shorter ones will hide themselves until they're not so short (unless theyre on the top of your head!) and so on... mother nature has a really strange way of bringing balance to chaos. before you cut, give em a chance. you might actually like how they turn out :3
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
u have done the hard bit now just forget about it. Seprate them once a week once day or whatever but just leave them now. I found the more i worried about my dreads the more things went wrong, and when iu stopped worrying everything was fine
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
Don't mess with them just separate a little every day as needed.As your hair dreads and your dreads mature you won't notice the weird spots of shorter hair or all the odd sizes that happened because of this.All your focus should be on making sure all of them are separate every day. Don't worry if you lose some in a year or so they will look great! I have some sections of hair I had to cute off before I started dreading since they had rubber bands melted into them from micro braids. A year later those short sections have dreaded themselves into other dreads and made their own baby dreads and it's impossible to tell that I had patchy spots in the beginning.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form