Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I want to add more dreads, but I have to go to court

MomaHepp
@momahepp
14 years ago
27 posts
lol! i know right! I would have never thought they would go to that extreme. oh well, it is what it is. soaringeagle said:
why are your parents takinmg u to court?
a parent that takes a child to court should lose by default just for taking them to coutrt unless ofcourse the circumstances are extreme like the child burned down 3 houses in a row and turned all the household pets into fur underwaear

updated by @momahepp: 07/03/15 04:54:30AM
MomaHepp
@momahepp
14 years ago
27 posts
Thats what i was thinkin, too. Thanks! Alex Angam said:
I had to go to court with my locs, I just tied them back with a hair tie nice and neat, and then used aloe to cure the frizzies. I must say I think I looked very presentable.
MomaHepp
@momahepp
14 years ago
27 posts
LOL!! Shaggy Nash said:
Me too. and it was funny seeing the judges and all those "official people" faces and the way they looked

Alex Angam said:
I had to go to court with my locs, I just tied them back with a hair tie nice and neat, and then used aloe to cure the frizzies. I must say I think I looked very presentable.
MomaHepp
@momahepp
14 years ago
27 posts
I didnt know that either. Its more for if theres a divorce or death. I lived with my folks a year and a half. I got married a year ago, my son was 2 and a half. We just had a baby 3 months ago, and ever since we have told my folks that when we see them we would like to be all together. That way when they see one grandkid, they can see both. Well they didnt want to do that. They just want to take my oldest son home with them to spend the night. Anyway my oldest, Silas has some behavior issues around them, but he doesnt when me and his dad are present. So we have been trying to work with him on that. My parents dont understand and think we think they are bad grandparents and have to be supervised. There's no explaining it to them. They blame it all on my husband. Were just trying to raise our son right. NaturalWomyn said:
That must be nerve racking. At least you're not going in there having to defend yourself as a criminal though. I say be yourself and you'll be fine. That's crazy I didn't realize grandparents could do that! I haven't seen my parents since before my kids were born they're 6 & 8 now. I would let them they just haven't really tried. Anyway Best of Luck & Many Blessings

Lacy Hepp said:
my folks are taking my to court for grandparent visitation. but the crazy thing is im not keeping their grandson from them. it kinda a long story. They dont like my husband.
I may just wait on my hair. Im in no hurry, ive been adding gradually anyway.

soaringeagle said:
whats the court for
i personasly wouldnt worry bout it but if u are just wait till aft6er
ive actualy been before a judge with dreads b4
MomaHepp
@momahepp
14 years ago
27 posts
Ive always loved that name, too. Ive never seen that show, but i heard their was a silas on there. Shaggy Nash said:
omg i love the name silas. like silas off the show weeds?

Lacy Hepp said:
I didnt know that either. Its more for if theres a divorce or death. I lived with my folks a year and a half. I got married a year ago, my son was 2 and a half. We just had a baby 3 months ago, and ever since we have told my folks that when we see them we would like to be all together. That way when they see one grandkid, they can see both. Well they didnt want to do that. They just want to take my oldest son home with them to spend the night. Anyway my oldest, Silas has some behavior issues around them, but he doesnt when me and his dad are present. So we have been trying to work with him on that. My parents dont understand and think we think they are bad grandparents and have to be supervised. There's no explaining it to them. They blame it all on my husband. Were just trying to raise our son right.

NaturalWomyn said:
That must be nerve racking. At least you're not going in there having to defend yourself as a criminal though. I say be yourself and you'll be fine. That's crazy I didn't realize grandparents could do that! I haven't seen my parents since before my kids were born they're 6 & 8 now. I would let them they just haven't really tried. Anyway Best of Luck & Many Blessings

Lacy Hepp said:
my folks are taking my to court for grandparent visitation. but the crazy thing is im not keeping their grandson from them. it kinda a long story. They dont like my husband.

soaringeagle said:
whats the court for
recoverytrouble
@recoverytrouble
14 years ago
70 posts
This is exactly how I feel but have never been able to convery it in so few words! Awesome!Do you think having 1/3 or 1/2 a head of dreads is going to look any more presentable than a full head of em? Not saying you should or shouldn't but after a point they're gonna be noticeable no matter what and if only portions are done it may look even scruffier. Chewin Change said:
i wanna add... that yes they do but if you have dreadlocks, it's best to give up caring about what anyone thinks. in a good way.

you can't control others' perception. and all you can do is do your best to change your own.
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
aww mama our situations are soo similar! I don't see my parents like I said but my hubbys mom is a lil nutty and I don't like to leave my kids alone with her and her new CrAzY girlfriend. She doesn't care enough to take us to court but it does cause a lot of friction. It's not that I think she'd do anything to harm them I just think her judgment is a lil iffy based on past situations. So I feel more comfortable when me or my husband is there too. I think you'll get outta there with just a mediation. YOU'RE the Mom so it's up to YOU what environment you want your children in and weather you want to be there with them or not. Good Luck we're rooting for ya! Much Love Lacy Hepp said:
I didnt know that either. Its more for if theres a divorce or death. I lived with my folks a year and a half. I got married a year ago, my son was 2 and a half. We just had a baby 3 months ago, and ever since we have told my folks that when we see them we would like to be all together. That way when they see one grandkid, they can see both. Well they didnt want to do that. They just want to take my oldest son home with them to spend the night. Anyway my oldest, Silas has some behavior issues around them, but he doesnt when me and his dad are present. So we have been trying to work with him on that. My parents dont understand and think we think they are bad grandparents and have to be supervised. There's no explaining it to them. They blame it all on my husband. Were just trying to raise our son right.

NaturalWomyn said:

Lacy Hepp said:

soaringeagle said:
whats the court for
MomaHepp
@momahepp
14 years ago
27 posts
I agree fully. That is how i feel. I like to express myself in my outer appearance b/c it reflects my personality. But the thing is, im self empoyed and stay at home mom. Im not out going to job interviews and have never gone b4 a judge, and i know how people can get ideas about you by your looks, which i dont care b/c i know the truth. Chewin Change said:
i wanna add... that yes they do but if you have dreadlocks, it's best to give up caring about what anyone thinks. in a good way.

you can't control others' perception. and all you can do is do your best to change your own.
MomaHepp
@momahepp
14 years ago
27 posts
yeah, you gotta point recoverytrouble said:
This is exactly how I feel but have never been able to convery it in so few words! Awesome!

Do you think having 1/3 or 1/2 a head of dreads is going to look any more presentable than a full head of em? Not saying you should or shouldn't but after a point they're gonna be noticeable no matter what and if only portions are done it may look even scruffier.

Chewin Change said:

MomaHepp
@momahepp
14 years ago
27 posts
Thanks girl! Yeah, as parents we should be able to make that call. Also since my parents feel the way they do about my hubby, i dont want them to be saying anything about him to silas and confuse him about his new daddy. Appreciate the kind words.*peace NaturalWomyn said:
aww mama our situations are soo similar! I don't see my parents like I said but my hubbys mom is a lil nutty and I don't like to leave my kids alone with her and her new CrAzY girlfriend. She doesn't care enough to take us to court but it does cause a lot of friction. It's not that I think she'd do anything to harm them I just think her judgment is a lil iffy based on past situations. So I feel more comfortable when me or my husband is there too. I think you'll get outta there with just a mediation. YOU'RE the Mom so it's up to YOU what environment you want your children in and weather you want to be there with them or not. Good Luck we're rooting for ya! Much Love

Lacy Hepp said:

NaturalWomyn said:

Lacy Hepp said:

soaringeagle said:
whats the court for

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form