Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The shampoo struggle.

Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
Okay, I am totally grossed out. I just scratched my scalp after my shower and there is so much goopy shit under my nails, it is nasty.I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am about 5 months in, and I have tried EVERYTHING!I started with Dr. Bronners liquid peppermint soap because I use that for everything anyways, left my hair feeling greasy (I diluted it and gave it time too... scalp did not adjust). Next I tried the bakingsoda rinse. I tried it with oils, without oils and that also left my hair feeling gross.Then I tried Maylees garden homemade soaps, same story.... greasy hair.For the past 2.5 months or so I have been using a Tea tree bronner's BAR soap, and I have all this gunk when I scratch my scalp.I wash my hair with shampoo every 3-4 days, though I normally get it wet in between. No wax or gross crap in there.I have posted about this before, and I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record, but it's getting so annoying for me. I just want my scalp/hair to cooperate.Anyone on here with a similar problem that has found a solution??
updated by @bird: 01/13/15 08:42:54PM
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
So this is after you used the bar soap? Seems like a simple question but your rinsing really well right? massaging scalp as you rinse?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
baking soda should leave no residues of its own so id start there then if your scalps overproducing oils spray on a strong thyme tea between washes and leave onalso hot wash helps remove oils but cold rinse helps close the pores so u produce less oils

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ohh and could be your water tooif its your water adding lil borax to the liquid bronners probably will helpu can test if its the water by just getting a 5 gallon thing of spring water rinse with that and if that solves the prob u know its water related

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Bird
@bird
14 years ago
74 posts
Well, the city I live in has very soft water, I have also tried the thyme tea i forgot to mention. Didn't do much but make my head smell like pizza :)I initially rinse with hot water and then right before i get out of the shower I rinse my scalp with freezing cold water. I rinse well/massage scalp... I dunno, maybe my scalp is retarded.I guess I'll try baking soda again... oy vey.
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
Did you try an acv rinse after? I've had the same problems with Dr. Bronner's (I think it's the water) and I've had baking soda residue. The only real solution for me has been acv and it prevents itchiness too.
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
So far the only shampoo that does not make my hair oily , I tried a few the tea tree oil bar soap was the worst for me but I did not try the baking soda/acv rinse yet, is Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo I'm good for 3 days with that.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form