Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newer Dreads Straight Hair Question

Steve Moore
@steve-moore
14 years ago
5 posts
HiI started dreads 1 1/2 months ago by backcombing and waxing using dreadhead stuff. I stopped waxing about 3 weeks ago after visiting this site. Some of my very fine, straight hair is nicely dreading but many are dreading at the tips, maybe 2 inches of dread, but are straight hair (undreaded) from there to the roots, like 6 inches. My question is will it still dread eventually? Are there things I can/should do to help it along? All I have been doing is washing with dreadhead shampoo every couple of days. I have to go back to work in about a month and would like it to look as far along as possible like then but I only care a little =)thanksSteve
updated by @steve-moore: 01/13/15 08:42:53PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea get allll the wax out sleep on a wool sweater or wool pillowcase or sleep in a wool tamsea salt sprays or if u wasted money on the dreadhead accelerator thats just 2 cents worth of sea salt for 10 bucksif all the wax is out it will dread finewool helps alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Steve Moore
@steve-moore
14 years ago
5 posts
I didnt wax much. Will it do any harm to just let the few that still have wax just wear out?So pretty much just keep washing with Dreahead soap as I have plenty, separate them after a shower, salt spray, and use some wool huh? If there is anything else please let me know. Thanks for the help so far!!
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
It will hinder the knotting if you have wax gluing your hair together still. Try doing the wax removal and I bet you'll see a noticeable difference. Clean, wax free hair really does dread faster! Many Blessings Steve Moore said:
I didnt wax much. Will it do any harm to just let the few that still have wax just wear out?
So pretty much just keep washing with Dreahead soap as I have plenty, separate them after a shower, salt spray, and use some wool huh? If there is anything else please let me know. Thanks for the help so far!!
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Sure you can not remove it, but it's not gonna come out on it's own...and it will slow your progress..look, read this http://www.dreadlockssite.com/profiles/blogs/my-bald-conclusion-on-...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea wax is almost impossible to remove its evil crap u gottas be agressive to remove itand dreadhead shampoo pretty much sux toou gotta use a while lot to do any good and it causes dandruff plus has sls which is linked to cancer and the american cancer society has started a campain to have it removed from all cosmetics and good ol jonny instead of complying (theress 3 or 4 other well known cancer groups against it too) jonny refused to remove it instead denies there is a linkhmm i wonder if a brain tumor would explain the way he talks

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
14 years ago
66 posts
that would explain why he's so full of contradiction and BS soaringeagle said:
yea wax is almost impossible to remove its evil crap u gottas be agressive to remove it
and dreadhead shampoo pretty much sux too
u gotta use a while lot to do any good and it causes dandruff plus has sls which is linked to cancer and the american cancer society has started a campain to have it removed from all cosmetics and good ol jonny instead of complying (theress 3 or 4 other well known cancer groups against it too) jonny refused to remove it instead denies there is a link

hmm i wonder if a brain tumor would explain the way he talks
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form