Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Newbie Question about rubberbands

Jaykreed
@jaykreed
14 years ago
3 posts
Im sure your all sick of the endless newbie question. IVe searched through the site without finding a question to this answer. I just had all my hair backcombed the other night and the guy that did it put rubber bands at the roots and tips, which i know its correct. But he also put several rubberbands down the body of the dreads, which seem to be put on very tight. Will those create weird looking, weak spots? Should i leave the ones down the body in, or take them out? I've attached a picture of it as well. Thanks Everyone!

updated by @jaykreed: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
take all rubber bands out at roots at tips along the bodyu do not want any in there maybe u can leave em in the tips a day..2 days max if u really feel u must but your better off not having any rubber bands in at allplease tell me he didnht use wax or anytrhing too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
also how big are those sections? they look huge and they will probably be way bigger then u wantwhy did u have someone backcomb?what ewlse did he do and use or just backcomb and at the roots how big are the sections

--
Jaykreed
@jaykreed
14 years ago
3 posts
He wanted to use wax but I wouldn't let him. The sections are between one and a half to two inch squares. I really can't see that well, but they seem to be random sizes. All he did was backcomb. Since you can see them, any other pointers? Your scaring me soaring eagle, should I start over?

soaringeagle said:
take all rubber bands out at roots at tips along the body u do not want any in there maybe u can leave em in the tips a day..2 days max if u really feel u must but your better off not having any rubber bands in at allplease tell me he didnht use wax or anytrhing too
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
2 inches is huge i wouldnt go over 1 inch and thats pretty thickbut if u dont mind huge dreades then theyre fine but keep in mind a 2 inch thick dreads gonna dry very very slow it will be almost the size of your wrist

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
b4 u think aabout starting over..count them

--
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Like every one has said, remove all rubber bands. The dreads generally become as large as the sections so if that's thicker then you want you should separate now before they tighten and it gets a bit harder.What else have you done or are you planning to do?What are you gonna wash with??
Heather Gamble
@heather-gamble
14 years ago
145 posts
wow those are going to be gigantic....yeah take all those bands out before its too late
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
Welcome! glad you found our lil knotty family! Taking out the bands is great advice and since you've only just backcombed can't you split the sections into smaller ones pretty easily?? Remember you can always join dreads together later to make them bigger but it becomes harder and harder to split them apart as they mature. Good Luck!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form