Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Filipina with tnr bb dreads

MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
Finally finished twisting and ripping my hair on and off over the course of two days. The beach/my cousin was calling, so the bottom half of my hair was actually done yesterday while waiting in line for rides at Santa Cruz beach boardwalk...lots of curious staring, hehe. My cousin was nice enough to finish sectioning and my bf just finished tnr. It's our 1 year anniversary, so we're going to the comfy neighborhood dive bar that we had planned to meet at through craigslist (I bought his old cellphone, so I like saying I got a free bf with purchase :D) Also, he plans on growing out his hair and starting his second set of clean dreads (when surfing in Hawaii for six months he had a gross uni dread) on our next anniversary! <3Anyway, I'll be posting pictures tomorrow and I'm pretty excited that the birth of my dreads has coincided with our anniversary and that they were created with love by my beautiful cousin and my boyfriend. :)P.S. Added a couple questions below concerning saline wound wash and being a filipino woman with dreadlocks.
updated by @mzelaineous: 01/13/15 08:42:10PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
im not leavin till i get sum pics!!i came here to see some dreads and im not leaving till i get what i came for

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
Awe, thanks for the anticipation! hehe, I added a "before dreadlocks" photo album http://www.dreadlockssite.com/photo/albums/before-dreadlocks#axzz0v...

and I didn't realize it, but I actually have lots of pictures of my dread process, so I guess I'll be creating another photo album.can't really see the severity in the photographs, but my hair is frizzing like crazy. I think it was because of the trip to the beach the other day. Also, my tnrs are already not as neat as other peoples' and they're less than a day old. And overall, not sure yet if they suit me. They definitely do maintenance wise. *shrug* I guess it's always a good excuse to shave my head or cut it really short if I don't like 'em once they mature.dreadlock process album: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/photo/albums/my-dreadlock-process#axz... ^ has back pictures, close ups, pre tnr, etc.
updated by @mzelaineous: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
I know, I keep changing the title, but for whatever reason my last "Introduce yourself" post kept disabling my profile everytime I tried to edit. Just making sure it's not happening again. Oh also has it happened to anyone else?Other random questions:I think somone already asked this question, but I couldn't find it. I know sea salt works and I have a bunch somewhere, but I also have a bottle of this stuff left over for cleaning piercings:

It's 0.9% sodium chloride solution which is basically salt water. I'm considering testing it on my hair. How much should it be dilluted? Anyone else try this?I probably should have thought about this before I started tnr, but anyone else here...or know of filipino girls with dreads? There are lots of africans and caucasians with dreads of course, I didn't realize how rare it was for asian or filipinos and particularly girls to have dreads. No one to talk to about thick straight long ass filipino hair, how long it took to dread, mature dreads etc. and what other filipinos say other than family. I know my family is going to hate it, but I'm wondering what to expect from filipinos outside my family. I'm feeling a bit lonely.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
I wouldn't put that saline wash on my head, might be harmless but I just wouldn't. When I went to the beach I collected a couple of big plastic containers of ocean water for my hair and to cleanse my crystals. I was concerned that I would get the salt/water ratio wrong doing it myself...but I know a couple of folks here have the recipe, so ask around. I am not Filipino but my brother in law is...I have worked on his hair lots of times. Although his hair is much curlier than mine, I find our hair texture very similar. My hair is very coarse and frizzy. As for dreading, I have found that my hair is stubborn and I think because of the coarseness it is a bit reluctant to knot up. I've found that using the ocean water is helping more than other thing at this point. I also find that although the acv makes my hair softer and less frizzy it also loosens my knots significantly. I don't know if any of this helps in your case but thought I would put it out there. Personally, I have seen a couple of Aisian women with dreads and I thought it was very beautiful and exotic, so hang in there. Peace. MzElaineous said:
I know, I keep changing the title, but for whatever reason my last "Introduce yourself" post kept disabling my profile everytime I tried to edit. Just making sure it's not happening again. Oh also has it happened to anyone else?

Other random questions:

I think somone already asked this question, but I couldn't find it. I know sea salt works and I have a bunch somewhere, but I also have a bottle of this stuff left over for cleaning piercings:

It's 0.9% sodium chloride solution which is basically salt water. I'm considering testing it on my hair. How much should it be dilluted? Anyone else try this?

I probably should have thought about this before I started tnr, but anyone else here...or know of filipino girls with dreads? There are lots of africans and caucasians with dreads of course, I didn't realize how rare it was for asian or filipinos and particularly girls to have dreads. No one to talk to about thick straight long ass filipino hair, how long it took to dread, mature dreads etc. and what other filipinos say other than family. I know my family is going to hate it, but I'm wondering what to expect from filipinos outside my family. I'm feeling a bit lonely.

updated by @panterra-caraway: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
we have at least a dozen filipinos with dreads on the site most are guys but i think theres 1 or 2 girls maybe 3its not all that uncommon there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
Collecting ocean water sounds like an excellent idea. Gotta love free and natural. I'll try it the next time I go to the beach. I guess I'd just be worried about it going bad since there's algae, tiny living creatures, etc. Haha, does ocean water need to be refridgerated?I'm not surprised at the loosening. acv is a conditioner after all. I think I'll try to wait a few months before doing another acv rinse.Hehe, it definitely helps to know that others exist. I tried Googling "filipino girl dreadlocks" and other variations...nothing except another newbie and someone layering mature dreads over their own for a funny photo. Panterra Caraway said:
I wouldn't put that saline wash on my head, might be harmless but I just wouldn't. When I went to the beach I collected a couple of big plastic containers of ocean water for my hair and to cleanse my crystals. I was concerned that I would get the salt/water ratio wrong doing it myself...but I know a couple of folks here have the recipe, so ask around. I am not Filipino but my brother in law is...I have worked on his hair lots of times. Although his hair is much curlier than mine, I find our hair texture very similar. My hair is very coarse and frizzy. As for dreading, I have found that my hair is stubborn and I think because of the coarseness it is a bit reluctant to knot up. I've found that using the ocean water is helping more than other thing at this point. I also find that although the acv makes my hair softer and less frizzy it also loosens my knots significantly. I don't know if any of this helps in your case but thought I would put it out there. Personally, I have seen a couple of Aisian women with dreads and I thought it was very beautiful and exotic, so hang in there. Peace.

MzElaineous said:
I know, I keep changing the title, but for whatever reason my last "Introduce yourself" post kept disabling my profile everytime I tried to edit. Just making sure it's not happening again. Oh also has it happened to anyone else?

Other random questions:

I think somone already asked this question, but I couldn't find it. I know sea salt works and I have a bunch somewhere, but I also have a bottle of this stuff left over for cleaning piercings:

It's 0.9% sodium chloride solution which is basically salt water. I'm considering testing it on my hair. How much should it be dilluted? Anyone else try this?

I probably should have thought about this before I started tnr, but anyone else here...or know of filipino girls with dreads? There are lots of africans and caucasians with dreads of course, I didn't realize how rare it was for asian or filipinos and particularly girls to have dreads. No one to talk to about thick straight long ass filipino hair, how long it took to dread, mature dreads etc. and what other filipinos say other than family. I know my family is going to hate it, but I'm wondering what to expect from filipinos outside my family. I'm feeling a bit lonely.

❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Well no need to cut out ACV entirely...I did and my dreads tightened up but got super itchy. I would say use the ACV every 3-4 washes. Every other time rise very well with water after the baking sodaOh and sleep on a wool sweater...it works like magic at knotting up hair :D
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
I've been to the Philippines several times and I've never seen a Filipino with dreadlocks in the Philippines. Apparently I need to find where they're hiding when I visit, hehe.Maybe I should start an Asian/Filipino dread head group? Have any links to the girls? Call me lazy, but it's kind of hard to sift through almost 2,000. soaringeagle said:
we have at least a dozen filipinos with dreads on the site most are guys but i think theres 1 or 2 girls maybe 3
its not all that uncommon there
MzElaineous
@mzelaineous
14 years ago
87 posts
Yeah, I'm not going to cut acv out entirely and every 3-4 washes sounds good. Now if only I didn't throw out my wool sweater after it shrank...I'd be golden. Paula said:
Well no need to cut out ACV entirely...I did and my dreads tightened up but got super itchy. I would say use the ACV every 3-4 washes. Every other time rise very well with water after the baking soda

Oh and sleep on a wool sweater...it works like magic at knotting up hair :D
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form