Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How do I get my dreadies tighter at the root?

Chodalie Von Vanderon
@chodalie-von-vanderon
14 years ago
3 posts
Sooo I have been working on my dreads for a year now and everything is going pretty smoothly.. My only concern is.. My roots are loose and it's really hard to back comb close to my scalp? Any suggestions?
updated by @chodalie-von-vanderon: 01/13/15 08:41:31PM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
:Oyou haven't actually been back combing the roots have you? I did that maybe once and all it did was loosen them further, roots are usually the last to lock in any hair type, but you don't wanna force them,sometimes just using a bead/or something that fits over them safely will help contain the hair so it can still move around and lock at the root.however it's usually normal to always have some undreaded hair at the roots, they need that so the new growth can constantly kick in and lock up.how much loose hair would you say there is?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
stop working on them dreads take time not work everything u are doing is making them worse and you do not want them tight at the rootsu want space at the roots to move soo..stop everything except seperating

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chodalie Von Vanderon
@chodalie-von-vanderon
14 years ago
3 posts
Thanks to both of you! No I do not back comb the roots at all but someone told me that might be the only way.. And thus far I haven't touched them since October. They look amazing reguardless but I was just curious ! Thanks for the advice! :)
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Yeah don't continue backcombing. It should only be done once, after that the hair starts dreading by itself and if you re-backcomb then your undoing the natural progress.Try sleeping on a wool sweater of other animal hair fabric...my roots have tightened to around an inch or less and that's all I've been doing so it really does work :)It happens over time though..don't rush it :)
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
With a cool name like that..I wouldn't worry about a thing..;)Time is all they need...and some loving...but then who doesnt? :)
Chodalie Von Vanderon
@chodalie-von-vanderon
14 years ago
3 posts
Haha thank u. They get alot of love and care .. They're pretty much my favorite thing ever!
Gene Thompson
@gene-thompson
14 years ago
29 posts
From what I hear sleeping on a wool or satin keeps your locks less messier and not too frizzy. As far as the roots go, I'm not really sure but I wouldn't spend much time working on them, locks are a natural process that requires time. If you want also you can purchase tams at cultural shops reggae shops etc. I'm not sure if its the friction between hair strands or the heat but I've heard it helps dreads lock up. Hope I helped in some kind of way. Jah bless.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form