Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dread wax why ya don't want it why ya don't need it and how to remove it

Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
Vegetable oil is supposed to work as a solvent for beeswax so if someone is willing to test it out on a waxy dread or two(probably wont work that great for dhhq) and post how they did it and how well it works here....Probably not good for baby dreads though because of the lubricating properties.
updated by @spider-feet: 07/23/15 11:00:51AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hmm id like to see this tested id imagine u would need alot? Spider Feet said:
Vegetable oil is supposed to work as a solvent for beeswax so if someone is willing to test it out on a waxy dread or two(probably wont work that great for dhhq) and post how they did it and how well it works here....Probably not good for baby dreads though because of the lubricating properties.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Iron method, but without the ironing board
Things You'll Need:* Newspaper or brown paper towels* Flat iron* TowelStep 1: Drape a towel around your neck.Step 2: Tear the paper towels or newspaper into long strips that are roughly 5" wide and as long as your hair is.Step 3: Heat up your flat iron. Take a section of hair, and wrap the newspaper or paper towel strip around it.Step 4: Holding the newspaper or paper towel on the hair, clamp the flat iron on the section and run it slowly down the length of the hair shaft. The paper will absorb the beeswax while the heat from the flat iron melts it.Step 5: Remove the paper and discard. Wipe the hair section with your towel. Repeat on all affected sections of your hair.Step 6: Shampoo as usual. Repeat steps 1-5 if necessary.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
I'm sure a lot more than when just using it to condition hair. Enough to soak into the dread at least. I think mineral oil would work for the petroleum based wax in dhhq but haven't read into that. soaringeagle said:
hmm id like to see this tested id imagine u would need alot?

Spider Feet said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
if anyone wants to send me theyre unused dread wax theres a couple experiments id like to do

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
probly smelled like it too Jessica Reyes said:
looks like the dread had a really bad yeast infection!!! haha! XD

soaringeagle said:
project wax day 1
was suposed to go on 6 months but
was cancled due to grossness when this happened

--
J.D.
@jd
14 years ago
115 posts
se you said to add grapefruit or orange oil or juices to the baking soda wash, is it possible to just peel and orange and squeeze the oils in the wash and let it soaK?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well possible but not best u see esential oils are super powered extremely concentrated like 1 drops got probly the power of a dozen orangesyourd have to peel 100 oranges to get the strength of 10 dropsand the orange juice wiuld be sticky and attract bugs unlike the oil

--
J.D.
@jd
14 years ago
115 posts
ohhh ok well ill just stick to the oil lol! soaringeagle said:
well possible but not best u see esential oils are super powered extremely concentrated like 1 drops got probly the power of a dozen oranges
yourd have to peel 100 oranges to get the strength of 10 drops
and the orange juice wiuld be sticky and attract bugs unlike the oil
Matt3
@matt3
14 years ago
4 posts
Just did one round of orange great value dish soap followed by suave shampoo and a heavy conditioner will almond and Shea butter. managed to comb everything out with the help of a blow dryer to melt the wax that is still saturating my head. Any ideas for a next step? my hair is so short I don't think the boiling water would be smart lol.
updated by @matt3: 07/23/15 11:04:58AM

/ 17

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form